Chapter 61 Take Care of Her

A/N: I know this is short but I wanted to get an update out as it has been a little bit since I have updated this story. I hope you enjoy and please give me some ideas. Enjoy! The picture above is the horse Lea takes up the mountain.

Chapter 61 Take Care of Her

As soon as we landed I headed for the stables which were next to the airport. "You can't mean to leave now? The storm!" Spencer said coming after me.

"The storm will close the mountain pass and we'll have to wait, possibly for weeks for the storm to clear for chopper to get up there. I can make it now and keep radio contact with you," I said pulling a draft horse from his stall. I tied him outside of it and started grooming as his gear was brought to me.

"You'll freeze to death."

"No," I said sternly. I was tired of this. "You and the others will if you come with me. You don't know half the shit I lived through plus I have my own guardian angel. He won't let anything happen to me." I saddled up the horse as the stable hand packed a saddlebag of provisions.

"Lea, I'm worried because you're going alone. What if you or the horse gets hurt?"

"If I get hurt the horse can help me, if the horse gets hurt I have to do what would be kindest," I replied.

"What do you mean?" Spencer asked as I slid the bit into the horse's mouth.

"A minor cut I can patch but if he breaks his leg it would be kinder to put him out of his misery than let him freeze to death." Once the saddlebag was on I pulled my heavier winter gear from my bag and tied my bag to the back of the saddle. I started put putting my warmer gear on. "You may want to get to the police station. The storm coming just won't block the mountain passes but shut down the town."

"My sister is never wrong about the weather Reid. We'd better make sure the police department has enough supplies to hole us up for a few days," Aaron said.

"We packed a week's worth of rations, a map, the makings of a meager shelter, and a compass miss," the stable hand said.

"Thank you," I replied pulling myself into place up on the horse.

"How long will the trip take you?" Spencer asked.

"If the weather holds no more than 3 days," I replied. I gave my horse a swift kick and was out in the snow and cold.

Spencer's POV

I stood and watched her ride up a mountain pass. "Well, that's brave," the stable hand said watching her.

"Sure is, kid has guts," the groomer replied.

"What? Why?" I asked. What had she done that was so impressive?

"She took the path that the most experienced riders and hikers refuse to take in good weather. It's the shortest path to be sure, but also the most treacherous," the stable hand explained. The pair walked away. They had more pressing matters.

I looked to the sky and hoped she was right on this, "Take care of her Warwick."