Chapter 72

Avery's P. O. V

    I signed a damn contract to get Nehemiah's girlfriend back but I have this feeling that it won't be an easy task. I quickly ran to Agatha's cell to break the news to her.

   "Agi, I have a good news", I ran to her saying.

   " You have killed Bella?",she joked.

   "I wish but I am talking about our release", I said.

   " Release?",she asked her smile fading.

   "Ain't you happy?", I asked.

   " of course" I am she faked a smile.

   "You ain't happy, why?",I asked as I sat on the ground looking at her sitting on her bed.

   " I don't want to go, atleast not now",she said looking away from me.

  "Why?"

   "Because my- you know what it can wait, let's celebrate", she stood up and dragged me along with her.
******************************
   As we were heading to only Agatha and God knows where, a policewoman told me I have a guest, so I had to leave Agatha and answer my guest.

   When I got to the room I saw Charles. I would have walked out but I am so happy about my release that I didn't want to ruin it because of my step brother.

    " Avery, you look awful",he said.

   "And you are not looking bad either", I smiled.

   " It seems my little sis is in a good mood, what's up?",he asked like we were cool. I might tolerate his presence but I won't sound friendly.

   "Its none of your business and last time I checked your sister disowned you",  I said relaxing on the chair like a boss, cause I am now.

     "Avery, I thought we were cool", he said.

   " Well we ain't. Why am I even talking to you?",I stood up and set to leave but his next words stopped my track.

   "Treat me like a brother and I will try and convince Aunts to release your dad"

   "What makes you think I trust you?", I said.

   "Because I am your elder brother"

   "If you break your trust don't blame for what happens next", I said giving in. Anything for my dad.

   " So its a deal "

   "Yeah sure", I said and he hugged me tight. He let go of me and began to dance like a baby.
I hope I won't regret this.