Chapter 18

Avery P. O. V

   It's been eight months since Seb crushed my heart and burnt it. I won't lie I am still hurt and I still feel something for him, I will never love anyone the way I loved him, I am scared to love now because I am scared my heart will be broken again, I don't think I can handle anymore heart break.

     As for Josh, I haven't spoken to him. This time around he isn't the one ignoring me, I am the one avoiding and ignoring me. Each time he wants to talk to him, I just pretend as if no one is with me, if I see him walking towards my direction I walk away or go to meet a near by friend so he won't meet me, I don't want to talk to him. I don't want to face him, I don't want to hear his excuses or apology, I just want to be left alone. I only have Mil and our new roommate Angel to tell my mind to. Angel is also related to Mil's family in a way. Since Kamsi died Mirabel,Angels mom replaced here......cruel, right? I know. Its like they replaced her so fast but who am I too judge.

     Then we have Joel, well I and Joel have become really close you know and he isn't that bad and no, I haven't seen his family again atleast not after the family dinner. And Charles well,we talk but not that well. Why? Well its because of Mil, she gets really jealous when I talk to him, so I don't really talk to him.

    And about my Dad, well I haven't seen him since he travelled to Nigeria but we still talk to each other on phone and I miss him like crazy. During the holidays, I stayed at my place because I don't want to see Seb or Josh. The last time I stayed at her place, that's the day Josh slept over and he won't take his eyes of me, I was flattered but he isn't helping matters, I want to stay mad at him.

    "Hey Avery, what are you doing? Do you intend to burn down the house?", Angel asked.
Then I looked down in front of me and found out I was cooking and it nearly burnt..... So much for summarising what happened in the last eight month.

    " Oh okay, sorry don't mind me",I apologized.

    "Its nothing but what have you been thinking about?", she asked.

    " Well, who else if not Seb?",Mil said from the bathroom door.

    "I thought she was over him already", Angel sounded confused.

     "If you listen to Mil you will lost so don't pay attention to her", I said still stirring the sause I was cooking.

     " So have you gotten over him?",Angel asked and Mil looked at me.

     I hesitated before replying, "Yes". I pray that sounded convincing enough.

    " Don't listen to her, I know her too well she isn't over him fully.",Mil said as she went to the closet to dress up.

    I ignored her because I don't have her time and she's right. I haven't really gotten over him, but I swear I am trying to.

      "Food is ready.", I shouted. Angel and Mil came to meet me bringing plates and spoon

     " Food mongers",I said as I dished out the food.

      "Are you still going on a date with Joel?", Mil asked with food in her mouth.

       " Yea sure. Why do you ask? ",I asked.

    " Nothing really, just wanted to make sure of that", Mil said.