Chapter 37

Joshua's P. O. V

    After Evie went to the restroom and spent minutes in the restroom, I became worried, I wanted to go and check if she was okay but Mary held me back.

   "Where are you going to? Don't tell me you want to check on her? Hope you didn't ask me to be your girlfriend so I can be used as a tool to make her jealous?", Mary asked but I ignored her, I was about standing up before Joel's word held me back.

    " Why is Avery waiting time?",he asked.

    "I don't know. Its unlike her", Mil said.

    " Let me check up on her",Joel said as he stood up.

    "Big bro, chill I and Dawn will go and check up on her", Mia said.

    " I don't trust you. Let I and Angel go instead ",Mil said.

     " Really, so you three can waste hours in the restroom discussing how to trap or seduce guys other than your boyfriends ",Mia said.

     " We are not like you and your destructive partner in crime. You are actually telling us what you both do",Angel said.

    "Will you girls quit it already? We are all worried about her, whoever want to check up on her should go, while the other should sit their sorry ass down and shut up. So who is going?", I asked because I was been impatient,I couldn't wait any longer, I was scared I might have hurt her so bad, I was scared I might have gone to far, I was dead worried while this four mosquitoes are arguing about who can seduce guys more, they are discussing some irrelevant issues.

     " I and Mia will go",Dawn said as they both stood up and left for the restroom.

     I was tapping my feet on the ground trying to let out some worries.

   "What happened?", Joel asked worriedly as he stood up and stood in front of Evie.

    She looked like someone who has been crying since." Nothing, Dad just texted he is on his way to your house, we don't want to keep him waiting, let's go",she tried to sound normal but I know her too well to know she isn't. Joel nodded as he kissed her lips, I felt my fist tightening.

     "Chill bro. You don't want to create a scene here or do you? You have done enough for just a night.", Seb whispered into my ears. I closed my eyes and took a deep breath, then I opened my ears and I saw them walking out.

      " Let's go, I need to pack my things before we go to your family reunion",I said as I stood up.

      "Am I coming with you and your family members to Nigeria?",she asked.

     " Whatever.(I sighed and said) yeah sure",I said and left. I waited for her inside my car, when she finally joined me I started the engine.

     "Babe-"

     "Not now Mary. Don't say a word till we reach your Aunt house, got it?", I said and she nodded and I drove off.
******************************

   As I and Mary entered her house. I was searching for Avery with my eyes when I finally saw her, I saw her talking to a guy.

    " Mary is here with a guy and so is Avery's dad ",I heard an elderly lady say. Their family members came to meet me one after the other.

     " Who is he?",a lady asked.

     "Mum meet my boyfriend,Joshua Richards. Babe meet my mum and my brothers, Jeremiah and Nehemiah.", Mary said and I faked a laugh.

       When I looked at Evie I saw she was looking at me, the guy she was talking to dragged her out of my sight, I was about going to meet her before Mary's brother drew me to a corner.

      "Hey Josh, we have heard a lot about you, we never knew you both was this serious, she talks about you whenever we call her. When did you guys start crushing on each other?",the guy I am guessing is Nehemiah asked.

     " Crushing?.... I mean it started few weeks ago.",I said using my eyes to search for Evie.

      "Hmmm, don't you dare hurt my sister, cause if you do we will beat the shit out of you", Jeremiah said.

      " I won't, I promise ", I said so I could get out of there and meet up with Evie.

     " Dinner is served. Everyone at the dinning table now",a woman shouted and everyone headed to the dinning room. Their dinning table is as long as that in "coming to america", if not longer. I looked and I saw her walking with a different guy, heading to the dinning room. When our eyes met I saw anger in her eyes, what did he do to her?. As I saw the guy holding her hand, I felt angry. I took a deep breath and followed them to the dinning room.