Chapter 42.

Avery's P. O. V.

Today is Charles mum's wake keep. No picture of her is displayed, since I started attending his mum's wake keep I have never seen a picture of her and its kinda weird. I don't know what she looks like but I bet she is beautiful because Charles is breathtaking.

Everyone are comforting each other. I looked at Joel and saw him talking to Angel, I was contemplating if I should walk up to them or not, I finally decided to walk up to him. When I reached where he stood he looked at me and walked out dragging Angel with him.
So much for wanting to apologize.

I looked at Joshua, I saw him talking to Mary. I looked away and searched for Seb, I saw him talking to Mia. I looked at Charles and I saw him sitting alone. Where the hell is Mil?. I searched for Mil and I saw her talking to her mum with Dawn and Dawns parent.

I went and sat close to Charles, I looked at him and saw tears rolling down his face. It breaks my heart to see Charles like this. I gave him a side hug, I hugged him so tight that I prayed it made him feel better. Whenever am sad or am crying, my dad just hugs me so tight that it makes me feel better, so I decided to apply it in Charles case. I was expecting him to push me away or something but to my greatest surprise, he hugged me tight.

We stayed like that for hours until he pulled away and stood up. He dragged me, the family looking at both of us, I saw the look on Mils face and I swear, I HV never seen her that mad before. He pulled me outside and placed me inside his car, he entered the car as well and drove off.

"Are you crazy?", I asked him, he just kept driving.

" I am asking a human being ain't I ?",I asked again and he ignored me.

"Answer me or I will jump out of this car",I threatened. He locked the car when I said that. I looked at him and sat comfortably, I give up.

He finally stopped in a restaurant, I think. The restaurant floor was made of glass, the restaurant is big and is decorated amazingly. The restaurant is on fire.

" What are we doing here? ",I asked him. He ignored me again and drew me towards the stairs. We finally reached the roof top and he let go of me.

" Please Charles, why am I here?",I asked him.

"My foster dad proposed to my mum in this restaurant. My foster dad bought this place for my mum and I plan on proposing to Mil here but not without my sister", he said not looking me in the eye. I looked at him and pitied him, he is going through a lot.

" My foster dad also bought a house for my mum at banana island. My foster dad loved my mum so much and loves me too(he stopped and continued) but I can't help but blame him. I blame him for everything Avery, everything. For my mums death, for Amanda's disappearance, for my dads imprisonment, for deriving me the privilege of been so close to my biological father. I hate him so much, Avery. I hate him with everything in me. He is the cause of everything I am going through now",he ended.

"But why?", was all I could say.

" He married my mum and told my mum to never tell me about my real dad, he got mad at my mum when he knew I was seeing my dad, my mum begged him to trust her but he ignored her and walked out my mum followed him carrying Amanda and that's the last I heard from three of them. ",he said. I saw a trace of tears on his cheeks, he should stop blaming himself.

" If not for his lack of trust or anger, my mum would still be alive, my baby sister would be with me, and maybe he would have been alive and my dad won't be imprison. But no, my foster dad decided to let anger get the best of him",Charles ended.

"Why is your dad in prison?", I asked politely.

" When that he walked out and my mum followed him, he was murder in my dad's house. ",he said still not looking at me, he is looking at the cars driving away.

" I hate displaying her pictures every year during her wake keep cause it makes me miss her like crazy, and it makes me feel like a failure for not finding my sister, am scared my mum may come out of the picture and slap me or something. ",he said and it makes me giggle.

" You think its funny?",he asked looking at me

"Yes, how can she slap you, she loves her, she will be proud of you. Everyone would be proud to have an elder brother like you(I paused and continued looking at me) I wish you were my elder brother",I ended.

" Me too, I wish you were my sister Avery",he said placing a hand on my shoulder.

He wiped his tears and said cheerfully, "Enough, it's a happy day. (He placed his hand on my face and smiled) I love talking to you, I wish Mil was like you, sorry for comparing",he said and kissed my cheek.

" It's okay. Can you show me the house at banana island? ",I asked.

" Yeah sure",he said and drew me to his car and drove up.

We are in the house and the light was off, I on the light and saw Mil sitting on the couch crossing her legs.

"Go inside Avery, I will handle it",Charles whispered to me and I left