Chapter 35

Avery's P. O. V

        I and Joel are on our way to the restaurant. Today, is the day I have to meet the Gregory family, this will be my second time. Life is ironic, the first time I went to  his house they thought I was their son's girlfriend and now I am actually his girlfriend. Life is funny, really funny, only God knows what await me in the future.

   My luggages and Joel's are in his boot, we are leaving for Nigeria tomorrow, so we will meet the rest at the airport.

    "So what do you think Josh wants to show us?", Joel asked as he drove.

     " Well to be frank I don't know. Josh is full of surprises.",I said as I looked out the window, our fingers are intertwined.

       "We are here. Seems its time to find out", Joel said as he parked in his usual spot. He came down and opened the door for me, I came out and he closed the car door. He kissed me on my forehead and held my hands, and we entered.

      " What took you so long?",Mil asked as she hit my ass.

     "Sorry, we were kinda busy.(he looked around, looking for Josh but didn't find). Where is the guy that called us here?",Joel asked as I sat down and Joel sat beside me.

    " Now that we are here, let me introduce you guys to my friend. Mary meet my family, family meet Mary",Josh said and we all said"hey".

     Josh and Mary sat down together,I and Joel ordered for drinks and not food because we will eat in his house while the others ordered food.

     "How long have you guys been friends?", Charles asked Josh.

    " For a year and seven months or so",Josh answered.

     "How did you guys meet?", Seb asked Josh and Mary.

     " Avery introduced me to him",Mary said and they all looked at me.

     "That's nice.", Mil said as she eyed Josh and Mary, that made me giggle.

    " What's funny?",Dawn asked.

     "Nothing serious, girls stuff", Angel smiled, she also saw the look Mil gave them. That seemed to annoy Josh because when I looked at him, he seemed angry. Does he think bringing Mary here will make me get jealous.

      Josh got down on his knees and held Mary's hands saying," Will you be my girlfriend? ". That seemed to shock everyone because their jaws dropped.

    Mary seemed very happy because she wouldn't stop blushing and smiling. " Yes, yes",she said and they both hugged and kissed.

     "So fast", Charles said.

    " If you hurt my cousin I will murder you",I heard Joel say. I just sat and froze, I didn't know how I was feeling but I know I was surprised for sure.

   "You both are cousins?", Angel asked.

    " Yes, didn't you know ",Joel said.

   " Excuse me",I said to them before I ran to the restroom. When I got to the restroom, I locked the door and sat on the floor as tears rolled down my cheeks.

     Why does it hurt? What is he trying to prove? Why is he hurting me? Why does it hurt this much? Why? Why?.

    I stood up and walked to the mirror and stood in front of it. My make up is ruined, my eye shadow is now all over my eyes.
I tried to fight the tears but it keeps coming, the more I fight it the more tears rushes out.

     Why is it that any guy I love ends up hurting me? First Emmanuel, then Seb and now Josh. I just hope Joel won't hurt me this much, he will definitely hurt me but I hope it won't kill me. Joshua why me?. I love you, Josh, you know it,so why are you hurting me?. How would you think that I will play you? How will I play with the heart of the guy I love so much, the guy that made me happy, that made me feel better when no one did,the guy that stood by me when I needed a shoulder to cry on, the guy that I love more than my life, the guy I love more than my own boyfriend.

   I heard someone banging on the door, the person was banging on the door constantly. I washed my face and dried my face with my wipes. I threw the wipes in the waste bin and went to open the door. When I opened the door, I saw Dawn and Mia.

    "Why did you lock the door?",they both asked.

    " Nothing",I said.

    "My brother is waiting for you, we are about leaving", Mia said and I nodded. Then I left to meet them where we were before I left.

    " What happened? ",Joel asked as he stood up and we were looking at each other straight in the eye.

     " Nothing. Dad just texted, he is on his way to your house, we don't want to keep him waiting. Let's go ",I said and Joel nodded. He kissed me on my lips lightly. He held my hands and we walked to his car. He opened the door for me and I entered. He went to the drivers seat and sat. He started the engine and we waited for Mia to come. Few seconds later, she is in the car. I looked at the rear front mirror and saw her staring at me.
This is going to be a long night.