Chapter 17

Joshua's P. O. V

    There was a knock on my door so I went to check who it was.  When I opened the door I was Mil. Okay, am I dreaming or what?. Mil in my house, are you kidding me.

    "Come in", I said as I opened the door wider for her to enter.

   " Thanks",she said as she came.

  "Have a seat please", I said pointing to the couch.

    " No, thanks",she said.

   "To what do I owe this visit", I joked.

  She just looked at me with a serious face and said," I just came to talk to you that all".

   "Oh okay, go ahead then", I said politely.

   " Did you kiss Avi just to make me jealous? Did you think that will make me jealous? ", Mil asked.

   I just looked at her with a confused face, does she think I kissed Evie just to make her jealous, " Is that what you think of me?", I asked her.

    "Why won't I ? ", she said.

   " Why will I kiss your best friend just to make you jealous.... It doesn't make any sense to me",I said.

     "Because of you and Seb she's hurt. She has been crying since yesterday none stop. Why do you guys derive pleasure in making her cry? Why can't you guys treat her properly? Why?",she asked angrily.

     " What do you mean by its because of Seb and I, Evie is hurt?",I asked.

"Why you calling her Evie? You don't deserve to give her a pet name. Just call her Avery", she said.

   " Okay, will you chill. You just walked in here and accused me of a crime I didn't commit.",I said trying to conceal my anger.

   "I didn't accuse you okay. I just don't want you hurting Avery just like you hurt me", Mil said.

   " You are not Avery ",I said. Okay, what did I mean by she's not Avery. I always wanted to apologise for what happened in the past but now I am seeing her, I don't feel like apologising anymore.

   " What do you mean by 'I am not Avery'?",she asked.

    "I am so sorry I hurt you, I promise. But Avery is different she isn't you, when I kissed her I didn't have any bad intention, I promise", I said honestly.

    " Then why did you kiss her? Why did you defend her if you are just going to avoid her just like your best friend? Why?",she yelled.

   "I don't know why I kissed her,I promise. It was never my intention to avoid her, all I wanted was to use her to get to you so I could apologize", I blurted out.

    " You used Avery to get to me?",she asked.

    "Yes", I said lowering my head.

   " What has she done to deserve this mal treatment?. All she did was care for you and Seb. All she did was care but all you guys did was hurt her. She doesn't believe in true love anymore just because of you both. She's so hurt that she finds it hard to eat,to have fun, to even read novels like she does. She hates  reading romantic novels now because she thinks all they do is lie and exaggerate things. She has cried to the extent that her eyes has swollen. You weren't like this before,what changed you?(she waited for a response but since she got none, she continued) I regret the day I met you and had Seb as a brother. Stay the hell away from both of us, I never want to talk to you again ",Mil said and walked out.

      I just stood looking so confused. Was she that hurt?. Am I as horrible as Seb is?. I promise, I never meant to hurt her, she's the last person I would want to hurt.