Chapter 30

Avery's P. O. V

    When I woke up in the morning, I found out that Joshua cuddled me and that made me smile, I wish it could be like this forever but I can't not everyone is gonna be happy.

  I stayed in his arms for a while, imagining how happy we will be if we were truly together, how mini Josh and Evie will be running round the house and for some reason I am happy and that made me smile, to have a family with him. He should be in his mid twenty so having a family shouldn't be far from his mind. I just hope and wish I am the girl he wants to wake up to every morning, to be the mother of his children, to be his true love because I know I am not his first love. Don't tell me I am in love with him because I don't want that.

     For a moment I felt scared, what if he is playing me or pitying me, what if he is doing this to make me forgive his best friend. No, he can't do that to me he loves me at least......wait he hasn't told me he loves me yet. Ohhhh my gosh, what if he doesn't? All he has said is he really cares about me nothing else. Okay, I need to get out of this bed before I have panic attack.

     I stood up from the bed and went straight to the bathroom to bath, when I came out I quickly wore a black bum short with a green crop top before Josh wakes up and sees me half naked. I went to prepare something special before Josh wakes up. This thing we have will be over soon but I have and must make the best of what we have before it ends.

      I felt a hand gripping my waist I know that touch, it's Joshua so no need to turn around. He buried his head on my neck and asked, "What are you preparing?"

    "Fried egg and plantain", I said.

   " Hmm okay but don't poison me because my family loves me so much, they will sue you for every penny you and your father owns",he said.

   "Like you can do it. You love me so much to want to see me wrecked", I said trying to get the I love you from him.

     " I can actually do it you know, like I said I have never loved any one that much",as he said that I left the spoon I was with.

    "Are you alright?",he asked letting go of me and looking me in the eye.

     " Nothing ",I said turning back so he won't see the tears that dropped.

     There was a knock on the door so I ran to open the door and when I open the door I saw my dad standing looking piled.

    " Can I come in Pearl?",he asked.

    "Yeah sure", I said as I left for the bed leaving my dad to shut the door.

    " Who is that?",Josh asked from the kitchen.

    "My.......(I sighed) my- my dad", I said not looking my dad in the eye.

    " Oh okay ",I heard him say.

     " Pearl can we talk?",my dad asked.

    "Not now, I am not in the mood for that. Do you want to have something to eat?", I asked still not facing him.

    " Look at me Pearl, please sweetheart",he begged.

    "I will go get us something to eat", I said as I left for the kitchen.

    When I came back I arranged the food on the dinning table and sat down waiting for Josh to join us. He must join us, I am not in the mood to handle my dad yet.

    " Sorry Evie, something came up I have to go but I will see you later, we have to talk about  earlier",he said and I gave him the "please don't leave me alone with my father, please Josh"look. But he ignored and left,great remind me to dump his scary ass later.

    " Pearl please hear your father out",he said.

   "Father, did you say father?", I asked.

   " I am still your father Avery",he said.

   "I doubt because a father will never lie to his daughter he will never keep her in the dark never. So please don't call me that because I don't know if I can call you that again",I said trying not to give in to the look on his face that says stop it Pearl.

    " I thought you were not married, I thought I was an only child and I don't have a mother but all was a lie, is there any thing else you want to me, tell me now",I stood up.

    "I have......no there is nothing you need to know. Angel said she needs to clear her head so she left this morning. She travelled on a mini trip" my dad said.

      "Oh, I am so sorry about that. I didn't know she was hurt. What did she say?", I asked as I sat.

    " She said her mum always told her I was dead,so she never knew I existed so when she knew I was alive she- she felt hurt. She needed me to come for her school function and the gift she bought for me for father's day for 16 years is still with her. ",he said sadly.

   " Why did Mirabel leave you?",I asked.

   "She thought I killed our children. She blamed me for their death but she didn't know I suffered more, our kids died in my arms, I saw them die and there is nothing I could do, Vidya begged me not to let her die, she begged me to save her I am a doctor but I couldn't save my own children, I have saved thousands of children but I couldn't save Victor and Vidya. She left thinking I will kill Angel, she denied me the privilege of been called a father, and that is where you came in, that is when you gave me a reason to live, you gave me the privilege Mirabel denied of, you were my ray of sunlight, you made me happy, you filled our house with laughter and happiness....you and Mil, I considered Mil my daughter, the sleep over meant for you both turned out to be for three of us", he laughed.

    " You get angry when we talk about boys and how we crush on them, you send us to bed because of that. What of the time Mil and I fought, we beat the shit out of ourselves all because of nutella and mayonnaise, she gave me a mark I will never forget in my life and so did I. Seb- took my side and Mil got angry and she hated me for hours(my smile faded) that was when Seb cared, when he had my time, at a time I thought he liked him but everything changed in just a day, he changed, he blamed me for something I knew nothing of",I sadly said.

    "We have both been hurt before, we have been hurt by people we loved, the people we did nothing but cared about, the people we cherished and adored. I loved Mirabel and she left me and you loved Seb but all he did in return was betray you, he threw all those memories away like they never mattered", my dad said.

    " Will I ever find someone who will love me,father?",I asked looking at him.

    "Yes but they will never love you like I do",he smiled as he stood up from his seat and hugged me.

    " I love you,daddy. I love you so much",I whispered into his ears.

     "I love you too Pearl,so so so much. You are never leaving me, okay?", he asked as he buried his head in my neck.

    " Okay,I won't I promise but don't hide anything from me again",I smiled as we pulled away.

   "Who is that boy that slept here with you?", my dad asked.

   " Joshua ",I said.

    " Who is he to you?",he asked again.

    "A friend ", I said.

   " A friend that cares alot about you, I have a feeling him and Mil have some unsettled issue"my dad said.

    "They hardly know each other dad. He doesn't come for their functions and attended a different school", I said.

    " Okay, sweetheart ",he kissed my forehead.