Chapter 48

Ebuka's P. O. V

     I was watching television with my mum before the front door opened, Avery ran in and I saw a trace of tears in her eyes, I heard her sob as she ran up the stairs. She entered her room and slammed the door behind her and I heard her lock her door.

    I and my mum looked at each other with a confused face, we looked at the door and saw her bags. I knew something was wrong, I ran through the stairs and stood in front of her room knocking on the door.

     "Pearl, please open up", I begged her.

    " Baby, please open the door for daddy. Daddy wants to talk to you, please open the door let's talk",I still begged.

    "Avery,please open up, your dad and I wants to talk to you. Please open up", my mum joined me in begging as we banged on the door.

    " Please Pearl talk to us",I was still begging.

     "Leave me alone", she begged as we heard her cry.

     " Why are you crying? Please answer us",I begged.

  My mum brought out her phone and dailed Joel's number, it rang once and he picked it, I gently took the phone from my and answered it.

   "What did you do to my daughter?", I asked.

     Not waiting for him to reply, I shouted," Answer me darn it. My daughter has locked herself in her room, she doesn't want to talk to anyone of us and she's crying seriously. What did you guys do to her?".

     "I slept with her sister Angel", he said.

    " What? When? How?",I asked because I was lost.

    "I am so sorry sir. I am coming ASAP, it was a mistake,it was the devil's hand work. I never meant to hurt her. I love her, I swear I do", he blabbed.

    " If I see you here, I will kill you ",I said, I now understand why she locked herself up in her room.

   " Please sir",he begged and I hunged up.

    As I was banging on her door, the door opened and when I and my mum went to check who it was, we checked and saw Joel climbing the stairs. I dragged him down and threw him to the ground, I punched him so bad that he bled, my mum dragged me away from him but I was so mad and angry that I didn't pay attention to my mum little push, I ran to him and threw him out of the house and my mum followed me to prevent me from killing him. Why won't I kill him? Because of him my daughter is depressed.

    "Get out and if you enter this house again I won't only make you bled, I will kill you", I shouted.

     " Please sir, let me talk to her ",he begged me with blood stain all over his body.

     " Get out you betrayal",I said as I drew my mum inside the house, I entered inside and locked the door.

    "Jesus!!!!", I heard my mum scream from the kitchen.

     I ran to the kitchen and saw Avery lying on the ground lifeless. Blood all over the kitchen floor, a knife behind her wrist. She cut herself so bad till she became unconscious. I ran to where her lifeless was, I carried her and ran to the car and drove off to the hospital.
I can't lose another child..... No, please God not Avery, please God. Please Avery don't die on me please don't.