Chapter 6

Avery's P. O. V

     After the dinner last night,I didn't talk to Mil not because I was angry with her but because I might say things I don't mean and it might hurt her feelings. She has been looking for ways to make me talk. She bought me ice cream,she bought chicken,she swept and arranged the room and now she is walking round the room.

    "You know I am not mad at you,right? ", I asked not looking her in the eyes.

     " I know but you are been unnecessarily quiet.",she said as she sat down beside me.

   "Sorry if that made you angry or guilty. I just like been quiet when I am angry, you know that right?", I asked her.

   " I do. Don't worry next time I will throw my shoe at her",Mil said as she rested her head on my shoulder.

    "That's if I don't slap her first.", I said and we both laughed.

   " Why did you let her reach the part of you not been family before you spoke?",Mil asked as she raised her head from my shoulders and looked at me straight in the eyes.

     "I didn't want Seb to think I am a violent girl. But I got so angry when Josh or whatever his name is spoke. He is so annoying. I hope Seb wasn't angry?", I asked.

  " So you still care about Seb, he doesn't care about you Avi. He will only hurt you don't you get it",Mil said.

   "Its not easy to forget about the guy you have had a crush on for eight good years", I said.

    " Fine you tell him you have a crush on him and hear what he is going to say",Mil suggested. Its a good idea but that's if I can talk to him.

   "Fine,I will tell him the next time we see. And yea please help me apologize to Charles and Joel. Tell them if I had stayed there much longer I would have smashed Dawns head against the wall", I said as I rested my head on Mils lap

       " You can tell them yourself. Why don't we have dinner with Charles and Joel today?",she asked as she brushed my hair with her hands.

     "Sure whenever you are ready", I said.

____________________________________

" Hey I am sorry about yesterday. I shouldn't HV walked out on you guys I just couldn't take the insults. I am sorry for ruining your get together",I apologized.

   "You don't HV to apologise,we understand. I would HV done worst in your case. ", Joel said.

    " She is like that. I expected you to slap. If you had done that nobody will judge you,we are waiting for someone to do that",Charles said as he took a sip of his drink.

     "If she continue with such attitude I might take your advice", I said and they all laughed. They think am joking but I am dead serious.

      " Mimi told me your dad travelled. When last did you speak to him?",Charles asked.

      "Well,I last spoke to him last week Friday. He said he isn't coming for my matriculation next month.", I said sadly.

     " But mum will be there for my matriculation ",I said and Mil smiled.

    " Mum?",Charles asked.

    "She calls my mum mum", Mil said.

    " Its nice to see you. I HV heard a lot about you",Joel grins

    "I hope they are all good stuffs?", I asked.

    " Not all but it made me eager to see you",he said still grinning.

    "Well thanks- i think", I said and they all smiled.