Chapter 24

Avery's P. O. V

    I couldn't sleep. Why? Well,it's because I cheated on Joel and we haven't even been dating for two weeks and then I have Mary, I am thinking of how to make her shut her mouth and even if I try to fight it, I was and currently still thinking about Josh and our kiss. This is the second time we have kissed, so how does this feel different and special?

You like him, stupid

Just shut up mind,I didn't ask for your opinion.

    Anyways, I feel weird for hiding things from Angel and Mil. Can this get any worse?. Charles and Joel has been blowing my phone up with call and messages. And yea I didn't sleep in my lodge, I slept in a hotel so I could cry out my eye balls and also to prevent been asked stupid questions.

    So here I am in our lodge,thank goodness the girls are not home. I quickly bathed and changed my dress and went to meet Mary in her lodge.

____________________________________

  "Please hear me out", I said walking into her room.

    " Leave me alone Avery",she said as she laid on her bed,her back facing me. Why is she making this difficult?

     "Please Mary. Let me clear things out. I don't want any differences between us, you are my friend and course mate and it will be weird if we ignore each other. Please", still begging.

   " You should have thought of that before you kissed the love of my life. You knew I am crazy about him so why did you hurt me? I asked you but you said you weren't dating him, so why were you guys kissing?",she said still not facing me.

  "I didn't mean to hurt. Believe me, Josh is the last person I would think of falling for. We just kissed,it was unexpected. I didn't know you will be there", I said. At least she's talking to me, its a good start.

   " So because you didn't know I will be there that's why you kissed him",she said angrily

  I was about saying something but she beat me to it,"And don't tell me the kiss meant nothing to you because I know it did. I was standing there for like three minutes but you both didn't notice. I trusted you Avery, I swear I did".

    "You can still trust me." I said, praying it sounded convincing enough. I don't want her trust all I want is her forgiveness and her words she will shut the f*** up, but I can't tell her that.

   "I don't think I can", she said. Then don't just forgive me or better still give me your word you won't say a thing to anyone.

   " Please, okay what do you want? ",I asked her.

   " What do you mean? ",she asked.

   " How can I make it up to you?",I asked.

   "A date with Josh is all I want", she said as she turned to face me.

  " Fine",it won't be that hard,I pray

"So we good. I mean no one will hear of this, promise?", I asked.

  " Promise",she said as she stood up to hug me.

   I don't trust her one bit but I am doing this for Joel's peace of mind.

____________________________________

I arrived at my lodge and I saw someone who looks like Josh, his height, his dressing(he has an amazing fashion sense), his black hair,should I go on? Nahhh.

     When I got to the door of my lodge,I just wanted to ignore him but he pulled me back and help me hands but I threw his hands away. Whatever you want to say better make it quick before Mil or anyone sees us talking.

     "What?", I said.

   " I just wanna talk to you that's all I swear.",he said.

   "Fine, you have five minutes to say whatever bullshit you wanna say.", I crossed my hands. This seems familiar...... Ohhhh,yea. The day I decided to go on a date with him, it was the worst decision of my life.

     " I am not going to apologize for what happened yesterday because I don't regret it, I don't regret dragging you to a corner,I don't regret the kiss cause if it was the best kiss I have had", he said and I forgot how to breath. How do people breath again?.

    "What of our first kiss?", I asked softly.

   " It was great but not better than the second because the first time I kissed you but the second time you kissed me. You made me feel special and different. And I haven't felt like that in a long time", he smiled and I found myself smiling as well.

      "Can we be friends at least? I just want you to be happy that's all. So why don't we start afresh as just friends?",he asked and I began to wonder what we were before.

   After much thought,I finally said," Yes". And I saw him happy but here come the weird part.

   "Only one condition",the smile disappeared.

   " Which is? ",he asked.

   " You have to go on a date with the girl I introduced you to and the girl that ran into us yesterday. Her name is Mary by the way",I said. I like the sound of that "us".

    " Fine",he said.

  "I have to go inside now. Bye", I said as I entered the room.

    When I entered I saw Joel and Mil. Joel is sitting on the chair while Mil is sitting down on the bed.

    " There you are.... What took you so long to enter? ",he asked as he stood up to meet me.

  " This is my cue to leave. Avery we have a lot to talk about when I get back.". She said as she left.

    "So what happened last night? I have been calling but you weren't picking up, you scared the shit out of me.", he sounded depressed.

    " A stupid waiter spill hot drink on my body and was been rude to me so I felt angry and hurt. Because I didn't want you guys to make a issue out of nothing. I am sorry,I didn't mean to scare you. I care about you.",I said as I kissed him.

    "Just that. I thought something happened between you and Josh that's why you left", he said after we pulled away from each other.

     " What? ",I was shaking.

   " I mean you ran out and Josh followed you. And when you went to the rest room he also followed you. I am glad nothing happened",he said hugging me tight and kissing my face.

Now I feel bad.

  "We good?", I asked.

  " Yeah sure ",he said.