Chapter 14

Joshua's P. O. V

      "Hey bro,how did the date go?", Joel asked Charles.

       " It went well,I finally popped the question ",Charles said excitedly.

    " And what did she say?",I asked as I laid on Charles bed.

     "She said yes. I could see it in her eyes that she was happy and so was I ", Charles smiled.

     " So you both are dating, so quick",I said trying not to sound jealous.

      "Seems someone is jealous", Joel said.

      " I am not",I said as I threw his ball to his face.

       "Ouch", Joel grin.

      " Enough both of you. How was the dinner? ",Charles asked.

     " Dinner? With who?",I asked confused.

     "We had our family dinner yesterday and my date was Avery. It went well, mum thought we were dating all thanks to Aunt Amelia.", Joel smiled.

     " Swear you didn't enjoy it ",I said to Joel.

   " Who wouldn't? From the look of her face she was angry I didn't tell them we weren't dating, so I avoided any form of eye contact with her. We had a mini argument and when she noticed my family was looking at her,she felt shy and went to the restroom. When she left my cousin forced me to apologise. To cut the long story short,I and Avery slept in the same room ",Joel chuckled.

    " Hope nothing happened? ",I asked and Charles stared at me.

    " What? Just making sure they didn't do anything ",I said in defense.

   " I didn't ask for an explanation", Charles said and Joel laughed.

    "Well,nothing happened. I would have slept in the same bed with her but I knew I would be tempted to do something,so I slept on the couch. My cousin Angel gave her a night wear and daaammmnn,she looked marvellous in just the night gown,let's imagine she wears bikini everyone will just faint. She begged me to sleep on the bed with her but I refused. Anyways yesterday was the best day of my life and I swear to make many memories with her", Joel said.

    " Hope she won't be like every other girl you HV dumbed",I said.

   "Nahhh,she won't", Joel assured us.

   There was a knock on the door,so I went to open the door and I saw Mil standing there looking so beautiful.

     " Can I come in?",she asked.

    "Hmmmm,yea sure", I stuttered.

    She came in and said hi to Joel, went to meet Charles clasped her hand around his neck and kissed him. I felt the urge to punch Charles to another dimension but I couldn't, its the price I have to pay. I looked at them for a while then removed my eyes before I do something crazy.

     They finally pulled away and it seems like forever," I missed you",Charles said and pecked her lips.

   "I missed you more", she said. Turning to Joel she asked,"How was the dinner?".

    " It was great. We thank God. How is Avery?",Joel asked.

   "She's fine,she said she needs to rest a bit. She looked and sounded exhausted like something happened last night", she said arching an eyebrow.

    " Nothing happened ooo. Tell her I said hi",Joel replied.

     "Sure,I will", she promised.

    " Are you guys done? Can I finally have sometime with my baby?",Charles asked.

     "Yeah sure. Sorry for that", Joel said as he stood up from the chair he sat on.

     " I guess we will leave you guys now. Bye Mil, I will see you around. Don't forget to send my regards ",Joel said and left.

      I wanted to go but I just couldn't,my legs couldn't move, I just want her to give me time to explain myself to her. Just her time,nothing else. Joel came back in,dragged me and pulled me out of their room and closed the door.