Chapter 39

Avery's P. O. V

    " Get up sweetheart ",I heard someone say. I ignored as I laid comfortably on the bed, enjoying the comfort of this bed.

     " Get your lazy ass up ",the person said pushing me. Finally the person pushed me to the ground. Great, I know the person is no other than my big headed Bestie.

    " What the hell is your problem you this pain in my ass?",I said as I stood up and laid back on the bed.

     "You will make us miss our flight", Mil said.

    " Its today?",I asked as I jerked off the bed.

     "No ooo, its tomorrow. Get up and take a shower. Meet us downstairs. And don't waste my time", she said and stood up.

     " What of dad?",I asked.

   "He travelled to Las Angeles, remember? He told us two days after your birthday, when you made me sleep at Charles place on your birthday, and-"

   "I get it. Get out of my room let me change", I said.

   " Not till you say 'I am sorry please get of out my room, please sugar' ",she said as she jumped on my bed.

   " Suite yourself. I need someone to get my clothes out of my bag anyways",I said.

   "Am out", she said and left the room. I knew she will leave when I put it that way.

     I went to the bathroom and bathed and wore something comfy. I wore a short and tank top and threw a sweater on top. I carried my bag and travelling bag and went downstairs to join the rest.

    " Yeah mum, I am really stressed out, times like this I remember my mum and my sister",I heard Charles voice from the living room.

    "You have a sister?", I asked as I walked towards their direction.

     " Yeah, I do",he said.

    "I never knew. Why don't you talk about her?", I asked.

     " Its getting late. Let's go before we miss our flight ",Mary said.

     " Yeah.",Mia said.

    We all carried our bags and dropped them inside the bus driving us to the airport. I looked at the bus and saw Mary resting her head on Joshua's shoulder, when Joshua caught me staring he kissed Marys forehead.

   Joel tapped me on the shoulder, I turned and saw him standing beside me. "Sorry, I didn't wake you up. Mil begged me to let her wake you up, hope she didn't disturb you much", he said and held my hand.

    " Its cool and I am use to her shit anyways",I smiled.

   "Wasn't yesterday enough for both of you? Stop your love talks for now, you can continue when we are in the plane", Mil yelled from the car.

   " Do you want to annoy her or should we let her words pass by?",I asked, as I looked at him.

    "Let pity them", Joel said and I smiled.
******************************

    We were in the plane, I sat beside Charles, while Mil sat beside Seb, Joel sat beside Angel,Dawn and Mia sat together, and finally Joshua sat with Mary.

    " So how excited are you to be in Nigeria again?",Charles asked me.

    "Not too much, I am a little nervous, so nervous actually", I answered.

   " Why is that?",he asked again.

    "I don't really know. I feel something is about to go wrong", I replied, I looked at Mil and I saw her staring at Charles and I.

   " For instance, Mil is freaking jealous, she thinks you like me, love actually ",I smiled.

   " Why is that?",he asked.

   "Well, when we are together like we are right now, we talk a lot, smile, gist, etc but I doubt if you both do it. She is scared you enjoy my company more than hers", I said.

  " I do actually ",he said looking away.

  " Don't let her hear that or we will be thrown out of the plane",I said and we laughed together.

    I heard Joshua laughing, so I and Charles looked at him together, it seems he knew I was looking at him because he kissed Mary immediately I turned to look at his betraying face. I turned my face immediately and it seems Charles noticed.

   "I don't mean to prey or something but what's going on between you and Josh?",he asked me.

  " Nothing ",I replied.

   " I noticed you both ain't as close before, atleast ever since your birthday ",he said his eyes not leaving my face.

   " Nothing ",I said fighting the urge to spill the beans.

   " You sure? ",he asked again.

   " No, we....were in a mini secret affair.... I think",I said looking at my fingers.

      His next words shocked me. "I figured"

  "What?", I asked looking at him now

   " It was kinda obvious, at least to me. He acts weird around you, the way he tries to make you jealous....should I continue?",he smiled.

   "Does he know?", I was referring to Joel.

    " No, I promise not to tell him your secret is safe with me",he said and that made me smile. Thank you Jesus.

     "Thanks a lot", I said.

  " Anytime dear"