Chapter 38

Avery's P. O. V

     As I walked into the house the first person I saw was the woman who greeted me the first time I was here.

    "My love, how are you?",Aunt Amelia said as she pecked my cheeks.

    " Good aunt and you?",I asked.

    "Now, I saw you I am feeling better", she said and I smiled. Aunt Amelia, she knows how to make me feel better.

     " Aunt Amy, let her relax a bit before lunch, we have had a long day and I want her to rest a bit. You can whine her later but for now let my baby sleep",he said and I felt butterflies.

    "Yeah, sure", his Aunt said.

   " Babe, I don't want to change now, I am okay. ",I whispered.

    " I insist",he said.

     "After dinner, I promise I will rest", I promised.

     " Fine.",he said.

     "How is my daughter doing?",Joel's mother said behind Aunt Amelia.

      " I am good and you,mum?",I asked as we air-kiss.

     "Great. Avery meet my twin sister Annalisa. Annalisa meet our daughter, Joel's girlfriend, Avery", mum said.

     " Nice to see you. You have no idea how long I have waited to meet you.",Aunt Annalisa said as she hugged me.

    "Nice meeting you, Aunt", I said as we pulled away.

      "My priceless gem, we will see later",Aunt said and left.

     " My Aunts can be crazy and annoying but you will love them I promise ",he said.

    " Its okay. I don't have an Aunt who can annoy or frustrate or even an uncle",I said sadly.

    "Doesn't your dad or mum have siblings?", Joel asked as we entered.

     " My dad is an only child and as for my mum, I have no idea if she's an only child or not. But its cool, your family loves me and that's enough for me. I just hope they will still love me when we break up",I said.

   He took my hand in his and said,"We are never going to break up, so don't talk about it again, okay babe?".

     "Sorry, taken", I smiled. He bent his head a little and kissed my lips.

      " Get a room, couz",I heard a voice say. I and Joel pulled away from each other. Joel looked at him and smiled.

      "Hey Couz,long time. Seems you remembered us today", Joel said as they did their bro handshake.

    " Yeah, long time. I never forgot you guys, I have just been busy with stuffs. When I heard you were introducing your girlfriend to the family, I decided not miss it for the world",his cousin said.

    "Let me introduce myself since my little couz sees me as a threat. I am Jacob Kwame, I am Joel's cousin. I am a Ghanian and you are?", Jacob asked as he stretched his hand.

    "I am Avery Adebisi and I am his girlfriend and a Nigerian. Nice knowing you", I shaked his hands. He kissed my hand and that made me smile.

    " Enough, Jacob. ",Joel said as he removed Jacobs hand from mine. Seeing him this jealous is surprisingly cute.

    "Uncle Jeremiah and Nehemiah are present oo", Jacob said.

    " Woow, that's surprising due to the fact that they are hardly present for family reunion ",Joel said.