Chapter 29

Joshua's P. O. V

    I saw Avery talking to Aunt Bella, Aunt Mirabel and my mum, when our eyes met I smiled and so did she.

       "Hey bro", Emmanuel said.

     " Hey what's up?",I asked as we did our bro handshake.

     "Come over here,I want to introduce you to someone, you will thank me after this, I promise", he said and I followed him.

     When we got to his car, I saw some of my friends, they were looking at me with drinks in their hands.

    " Hey long time",I said and shaked their hands.

    " You are wicked, you didn't even say let you check on your bros. You are mean", Larry said.

    "I have been busy with school work. I will be finishing next year,so I have to catch up on some stuff ", I said.

     " Says the guru. You are naturally intelligent, tell me when you started caring about school work. We have girls for you, you can do as you wish ", Kenneth said.

   " I am not in the mood, maybe next time",I smiled.

    " You are joking right? You are not interested in having sex with girls? You Josh? Cut that crab out", Larry said.

    "Maybe he is trying to win back Mil, you know he fucked up before, now he is trying to attorn for his sins", Femi said.

    " She dumped his sorry ass and now he is pretending to be a changed man ",Kenneth smiled.

     " And he will still hurt her, that's the funny part of all this ",Larry joked.

    " But seriously can we go and meet them",Emma sounded serious.

    "No, some other time. I promise", I said.

   " Okay then ",Emma said and I left.

    When I got to my previous position, I didn't see anyone there again. I guess they should be in Avery's room, so I went there and saw Mil, Charles,my mum, Aunt Bella, Mary and a man banging on Avery door begging her to open the door.

   I drew Charles to corner and asked," What's wrong with Avery? Why is that man banging on her door? ".

    " That man is her father and she just fou-"

    "Don't talk to him Charles, he acts like he care while he doesn't", Mil sounded angry.

    " Mimi chill, he is just worried about her that's all",Charles defended me.

    "Whatever", she said as she walked out,Charles following her.

     I followed the back and knocked on her window she didn't answer immediately, what I had in mind was that, if I knock again and she does not open up, I will break the window because I can hear her cry from her and I am really worried but when I knocked for the second time, she opened the window. When I stepped my foot in her room she hugged me immediately, she hugged me so tight, like she doesn't want to ever let over of me, like she needed a hug.

    " What's wrong with you? ",I asked but all I got was a cry.

 Why is she crying like this?

    Seeing her this hurt me, I hate seeing her like this. I am here to protect her from anything and anyone. I hugged her so tight and kissed her forehead, I shouldn't be asking her this,she's not in the right frame of mind to be asked such question, when she's ready or has come down I will ask her but for now all I want is to hug her, to make her feel better and comfortable.