Chapter 53

Avery's P. O. V

   My hands and legs are shaking, I have never felt this scared in my life before. I heard footsteps coming from the stairs and my heart began to beat ten times faster than usual.

    My dad takes a seat and my legs and hands won't stop shaking.

   "Dad, I have something to tell you please don't be angry with me", I begged.

   " What's wrong?",my dad asked with worries written over his voice.

   I began to cry and I threw the R-bomb,"I was raped".

  He stood up and asked raising his voice making me more scared than I am,"How? When? Where? Are you okay?".

   "I went to see Joshua in the place we have our family reunion, as we were drinking and talking I felt dizzy and fainted, I woke up and found out I was raped(I knelt down touching his leg) I am sorry, I failed you, all I ever did was cause you worries and tears, I tried committing suicide because of my friends forgetting I have better friends and family I intended leaving behind. I am so sorry, dad. Please forgive me", I cried.

   He was silent for a while before he stood me up and hugged me," It is alright Pearl. I will make sure Joshua pays"

    "Emma beat the shit out of Josh that he began to bleed",Pamela said.

   " That's not enough",my dad said still hugging me and trying to calm me down.
******************************
As I and Pamela were walking on the street girls and boys began to point and laugh at me. Pamela and I looked at each other with a confused face.

   "Why are you frogs staring and laughing? Why are you pointing that stick you call a hand at her?", Pamela asked.

    They stopped then one girl spoke" Check youtube, type latest gist then you will know why we are laughing ".

   Pamela and I quickly entered a bike to take us to her house. When we got home she brought out her laptop and typed what the girl asked her to type. And what we saw tore my heart apart. It was the video of me been raped, Josh and co made it look like I was enjoying it and to make things worse it is on you tube.

" Type University of south Africa news",I said.

Pamela did as I said and I saw that,that video is on our school website. My phone beeped and it was a video sent to me with an unknown number. I clicked on the video.

"You guys did a good job. She will have no other option but to run to me for help, I will be a shoulder for her to cry on. Thanks guys I thought it won't work, I thought she was smart enough to know something is fishy. Dumb girl,she isn't smart at all", we heard Emma say in the video. It is about Emma talking to Seb,Josh and Joel, thanking them for a job well done.

" It can't be",Pamela shouted.

I stood up and left her house, Pamela following me.
____________________________________

     I barged into Mil and Angels apartment. I found Angel, Mil,Dawn and Mia sitting down and laughing.

    "It took you so long", Mil said and they all stood up to face me.

    " You bastards",I shouted.

    "Reduce your voice or the students might hear you", Angel said.

   " And who cares?",I asked.

  "You will", Mia said.

   " Can someone call the police there is an intruder? Please somebody she is beating me, help",Dawn shouted

    "Shout all you want you bastards but God knows it won't save you",I said.

  " Its 5 against 1", Mil said. How did she become my best friend?

    "Charles was right you are a cheapskate. Charles is a great man he doesn't deserve a shameless foolish fool like you", I said it straight to Mil's face. She raised her hands to slap me but I held her hand and slapped her twice and she fell down, I rushed her on the ground with punch and she began to bleed. Dawn, Mia and Angel dragged me of her and threw me on the ground. They rushed me with slaps and blows,they managed to beat me till I became weak and I was bleeding seriously, as Mia came to beat me, I used my leg to push her and she fell, her head hitting the edge of my former bed and she fell to the ground lifeless.

  Policemen found the wrong time to enter. They saw the lifeless body on the ground and to top it up Mil,Angel and Dawn told them I killed her, so they forcefully took me off the ground and told I am under arrest, I didn't have time to protest cause I was weak and scared.

Pamela entered inside, Pamela found the wrong time to enter as well, she looked lost and confused.

  " Call my dad ",I said to her before been taken away.