thirty-two ; only one

Start from the beginning

Klaus walked over to his sister. "What are you doing?"

"I brought him here. I get to release him. My rules now." She looked at Stefan. "Bring us the stakes and you both live. Take your brother as a sign of good faith." Without another word again, the Original picked up the duffel bag and left the room.

Melody crossed her arms over her chest, eyeing Stefan. Klaus heaved a sigh, looking at him as well. "Bring us the stakes. All of them. Or I will wage a war against everyone you love. I hope I'm being clear." He began to leave, only turning back to look at her. She glanced at Stefan one last time before following him.

———

The argument between Rebekah and Klaus was hard to listen to but she did, standing outside of the room. Melody stood there as the two spoke of Finn's death. The female Original obviously was hurt at the fact that her brother was dead. Klaus was too but didn't show it. He probably never would.

"Fine. Let's all say a prayer for Finn, who slept in a box longer than he lived as a man. He was a lovesick fool. He's better off in death."

Her head snapped up to stare at the door. She felt her jaw go slack at his words. Now that, that was harsh but there was obviously that twinge of pain, a silent pleading for someone to stay, that he didn't mean what he said. Klaus Mikaelson was a complicated man.

"The Salvatores may fight like dogs, but in the end they would die for each other," Rebekah told the hybrid. "At least they know what family means. You destroyed ours."

"I wanted a family." Melody sighed sadly, wanting nothing but to open the doors and tell him that he was wrong. So she waited, listening. "They just didn't want me, and now we're unlinked we're no longer responsible for each other."

Rebekah, inside of the parlor room, was shaking her head at him with disbelief. "So are you leaving?"

He didn't even glance her way. "As soon as I get my stakes, I'm gone. I'm gonna take Elena, Melody, and use the doppelganger blood to create a new family. Of hybrids."

"And if I choose to stay?"

"Then you're just as pathetic as Finn."

Rebekah didn't stick around after that, tears in her eyes as she left the room, bypassing Melody who stood right beside the door. The brunette watched her leave the house in a flash, biting her lip before she pushed herself off the wall, entering the parlor room. Klaus smashed the glass of bourbon in his hands, throwing it at the newly built wall.

She walked over to him slowly, standing right behind him. If Melody were anyone else, they would've yelled at him, told him how what he said was wrong. They would've questioned him about how much he cared about his hybrids. But she didn't. Instead, the fairytale woman reached him and wrapped her arms around his waist, setting her chin on his shoulder.

Not a single word was spoken. Klaus moved one of his hands to her's, intertwining their fingers. He was quiet, afraid of showing her affection. But he knew that she was an angel sent to stay with him. He knew that the angel understood him better than anyone else.

———

I'm sorry for the lack of updates! I lost motivation for a bit and I was working on completely another story of mine. But, Melody is back! Hopefully, this chapter with the fluff at the beginning made up for it! Let me know your thoughts! Anyways, I hope you guys have a great day/night! :)

What did you think about the Kelody moment at the start of the chapter? What do you think of Melody protecting the Mikaelsons? What did you think of that last part of this chapter?

I hope you guys have a great day/night and don't forget to vote on this chapter, comment your thoughts, and follow me for updates!

( credit : @pepperronys )