thirty-two ; only one

Start from the beginning

"Don't. Ever. Call. Me. That. Am I clear?" Without waiting for an answer, the fairytale woman shoved him as she moved away. "You may have a death wish, fine, but no way am I letting you take them down. And I'm going to make you regret it." Melody flicked her wrist, throwing him against the wall so he fell to the ground, crumpled.

Rebekah nodded, smiling. "Good job, Melody." She turned to look at her, smiling back. "You certainly never fail to impress." The female didn't notice the adoration that was attached to her words. Klaus did but said nothing of it.

"Yes well I try," Melody told her with that same grin. "Sorry that I took your moment."

The blonde didn't care in the slightest. "I don't mind."

———

Getting Finn back to the mansion was a challenge and yet they managed to toss him into the foyer, the three standing behind him. He stood up, glaring furiously. "You can't force me to help you."

Klaus had that knowing look. "Oh, I most likely could, but why force when I can persuade?" He gestured his hand to the staircase where Sage was walking down, a wide smile of her face at the sight of him. Finn was in shock, calling her name before they ran into each other's embrace. Melody found herself smiling as well. Now that was something she wanted.

"What do you know, true love prevails," Rebekah sighed, looking a bit jealous that her brothers had love she didn't. Now to mention that the girl she had grown fond of was with one of those said brothers.

The hybrid received a text from Kol, speaking while he replied. "It does occasionally have its uses. Easier than torturing him."

"I have something to do." She looked over to Melody who was still watching the scene. "What do you need from me for this spell?"

The brunette turned her head. "If it works. My magic should break Esther's since they are different forms but we'll see. All I'll need is a vial of your blood. You aren't staying?"

Rebekah shook her head. "I have some unfinished business with Damon Salvatore. Ask Sage what he did to me. Then you'll understand why retribution is in order." She left without another word, making Melody raise an eyebrow in question. Whatever Damon did was obviously not good from the sounds of it. Then again, when did Damon ever do something good? She didn't bother thinking of an instant.

"I'll go start on the spell," the Mills finally said to Klaus before going in the direction of the living room where she had done the locator spell. She opened the case which held the blood vials, all of them there except for Finn's, Rebekah's, and Klaus's. When she began setting the candles up again, flicking her wrist to light them all at once, footsteps sounded through the room.

She looked up to see Rebekah walking in with a vial of her blood. "This should do the trick. Let me know if you need anything else." Just like that, the Originals was leaving. 

Melody spoke up, concerned for her friend. "Rebekah wait!" She walked to the doorway and grabbed her arm gently. "Hey, what did Damon do?" From the look on her face, she instantly knew that her previous thoughts were right.

"It doesn't matter."

"Yes it does," she insisted. "Look, I don't mean to pressure you so if you don't want to tell me, that's fine. At least take this." Melody let go of her arm and handed her a clear bottle with a dark liquid. "It is dreamshade from Neverland. Deadly to humans, makes them hallucinate, and depending on the amount used, it could kill them fast or slow."

Rebekah took the poison, a smirk on her face. "Thank you." Before she left, she answered her question. "Oh and he used me, so did Sage."

Melody nodded, her jaw clenched. "Then I suggest a small dosage, not too big, not too small." Her lips quirked into a grin. "He'll die slower." They parted ways and the fairytale woman went over to the table with the blood, laying it down with the others. She sat criss-cross, sighing.