thirty-one ; looking into the face of death

Start from the beginning

"We um, we kissed." The color drained from Rebekah's face. "And we're dating now. My family freaked." She smiled even more, jumping up once because she began to feel giddy again. "I've never had a boyfriend before and I never thought I'd date Klaus—oh I'm so sorry, Rebekah. I'm ranting and boring you—"

"No, no." Rebekah forced a smile. "I'm happy for you and my brother. You two are meant to be together." Every single word hurt her. What pained her more was the fact that Melody was just too excited at that moment, not catching the lies. Never had she loved a girl before. And this woman before her was just so perfect. True, no one was flawless. But with the flaws and all, the Original adored Melody.

Her friend sighed in relief. "Good because I was so worried you wouldn't be happy. Thank you, Rebekah." She hugged her and she was instantly hugged back. The blonde buried the tears. When they pulled away, Melody sighed. "I have to go and talk with my family so I'll see you later." She got up and left the room, leaving Rebekah there to her thoughts. Of course, she didn't even know how the woman was feeling after receiving the news.

———

After hours of sitting and talking with her family, she told them that she was going to go to the Grill to make sure Klaus didn't dagger Kol again. They were still really wary about the two being together but Melody reassured them that this is what she wanted. Pan had grumbled something under his breath that made Felix roll his eyes. Mary Margaret was still going on and on about how cute they must be. Regina flickered her on the head with Pan smirking. Even though they still liked to compete on who was the better parent, they had their moments.

But the conversation ended and so Melody used her magic to teleport to the alleyway next to the Grill because she was too lazy to drive. There was a bad feeling in the pit of her stomach. And telling Klaus over the phone wasn't a good way to tell him. She just had a feeling like he was in danger. The brunette walked around to the entrance, walking inside and seeing the two Originals at the bar. Kol smirked. "Look at who it was. My gorgeous future girlfriend."

"Say another word and I'll tear out your liver," Klaus warned before calling to the woman. She went over to them with a smile. He smiled back at her. "Would you like to join us for a drink?"

"Actually we need to talk. Can we go outside?" 

Kol chuckled. "That's never good, brother." He winked at her. "Don't forget that you always have another option on the table, darling." She rolled her eyes at him, smiling slightly and denying his offer. Klaus smirked and then followed her outside. When they sat on a bench, he dropped it, looking worried.

"Is something wrong?"

Melody turned to look at him. She nodded. "Yeah, actually it's about your mom." He nodded for her to continue, giving the woman his full attention. "I think she's up to something. Elijah found burnt sage in her room this morning. And I haven't seen her or Finn all day. I was at the mansion all day, Klaus. She's planning something I know it. There's no way she would just forgive you, I'm sorry to say."

He sighed, looking off into the night sky. "Always something with her." The hybrid turned back to her. "Do you have any ideas on what she might be doing?"

Biting her lip, she replied, "Well, she might be trying to kill you. Think about it, you killed her and she made vampires. You really think that that the witches would let her live after that? I think she's creating a plan to rid of vampires for good." She was about to continue when Klaus grabbed his chest, grunting in pain. "Klaus?" He stood up and she followed. "What? Klaus?"

"What did you do?" he growled, grabbing her arms. Melody fought against him. "What did you do Melody?"

"Nothing, Klaus. What's wrong?"