Mountains •ten•

this is the last part of this mini series. thank you guys for all of the love on this series. i had no idea you guys would like it this much!

the flash of lightening lit up the small room. a loud rumble of thunder followed. i jumped at the loud noise and closed my eyes tightly. i hated storms, i have always been terrified of them. i used to have panic attacks during them, but i haven't had one in a while.

i heard a soft knock on the door.

"yeah?" i called out as i rubbed my eyes.

the door opened revealing shawn.

"hey are you okay?" he asked walking in and closing the door.

"uh," another roar of thunder echoed making me jump.

"i'll take that as a no." shawn said laughing a little before walking over to the side of the bed closest to the window.

he laid down on top of the covers, "what are you doing?" i asked confused.

"oh sorry, do you not want me in here?" he asked sounding a little panicked.

"no, shawn it's not that," i said laughing a little at his nervousness, "get under the covers."

he hopped up and pulled back the blanket revealing the white sheet underneath. as he climbed back into the bed the loudest crash of thunder filled the room making my hands start to shake.

"hey, it's okay. it is just a little storm, it'll be over soon." he said taking my cold shaking his hand into his warm large hands.

i nodded and moved closer to his body. he wrapped his arm around my body, i laid my head on his chest and looked out the window that had rain running down the glass.

the rain started to come down harder and the lightening and thunder became nonstop. i felt a panic attack approaching, but i tried to calm myself down. i told myself it wasn't that bad, but i couldn't stop shaking.

"y/n," shawn said softly, "it's okay. nothing is going to happen to you okay? i'm right here." he said as he ran his fingers through my hair. butterflies filled my stomach as he talked to me and played with my hair soothingly. i wish this feeling would go away, it's killing me.

"guess who is also coming tomorrow," shawn said.

i leaned my head back to look up at him, "who?" i asked confused.

"aalyiah." he said making me smile.

"really?" i asked excitedly.

"yep, her hockey tournament got canceled so she is more than excited to see you." he explained.

"i can't wait to see her." i said laying my head back down comfortably.

"yeah," he said running his fingers back through my hair.

the lightening and thunder slowly faded out. the rain still pounded against the window but it was peaceful. i was calm in shawn's arms. i eventually started to get sleepy as did shawn.

"goodnight shawn." i said debating on whether not i should roll back on my side so he can go back to his room, or keep my head where it was.

"goodnight y/n/n." shawn said the way shawn said my nickname made me smile a little. he pulled me closer to him meaning that he wasn't going anywhere.

i ignored my racing heart and butterflies in my stomach and fell asleep in his arms.

+

i woke up the next morning without the warmth of shawn's body. i rubbed my eyes and sat up looking for him. i got up and walked over to the door. i stopped when i heard shawn's voice.