friends

he tied the worn out laces of her converses as she smiled down at him. 

"thank you." she said when he was finished. 

he smiled a warm smile and sat down beside her, "you're welcome." 

"so do you think i'll get a text back?" she asked swinging her feet back and forth over the ledge. 

shawn sighed as he looked out at the sunset over the tops of the tall green trees, "i don't see why you wouldn't." 

a small smile formed on her lips. 

"you want to know something?" she asked looking over at him. he avoided eye contact and kept his jaw clenched. he knew that if he didn't respond she would still tell him. 

"you're the only friend i have." she said softly as she looked away. 

"no i'm not." he said looking down at his hands. 

"shawn, do you ever see me hanging out with anyone else?" she asked raising an eyebrow. he shook his head realizing she was kind of right, but he didn't understand. y/n was great, she deserved more friends. 

"well i hope you don't get tired of me." he said trying to lighten the mood. 

she laughed lightly before saying, "i hope you don't stop meeting me here." 

"nah, i won't." he said finally looking over at her. she looked over too making their eyes meet. they both smiled softly. 

"you want to know something?" shawn asked quietly. 

"what?" she asked in almost a whisper. 

"you're my best friend." 

i don't really know what this is, but i think it's kinda cute