Escape

Qotd: what state do you live in

I live in Georgia 🍑

The yells and screams of my arguing parents filled the house. I listened closely to their argument from upstairs. It was over the same thing it always was,
Money.

I picked up my phone and clicked on his contact.

Ring.

Ring.

Ring.

"Hello?" Shawn's voice was raspy and sounded like he just woke up.

"Shawn," I said softly afraid that if I spoke louder my voice would crack.

"Y/n," their was some shuffling before he spoke again, "what's wrong?" He asked his voice laced with concern and confusion.

The sound of breaking glass made me jump and hold my phone tighter in my hand. I closed my eyes tightly as if it would all just go away.

"Y/n," Shawn repeated.

"They are fighting again." I said opening eyes to see my alarm clock flashing the numbers 1:45 in bright red.

"I'll be there in about 5 minutes, okay?" Shawn said.

"No, Shawn it's late. I'll just go somewhere or something." I said as I shook my head.

"You're not going to roam the streets at almost 2 in the morning." Shawn said in a stern voice.

I swallowed hard and said, "Shawn I'm fine."

"Oh really?" Shawn asked in a questioning tone.

"Yeah." I said pushing my brows together and biting my lip.

"Then why'd you call?" Shawn asked making me sigh.

"I'll be outside." I said before he hung up.

I opened my bedroom window and crawled out onto the roof carefully. I walked along the shingles and tried not to make any noise. Once I got closer to the ground I jumped and felt relieved when my feet landed on the grass. The parent's bedroom light was on, so I snuck around it to make sure they wouldn't see me. I jogged out of the driveway and stopped on the sidewalk.

Within 5 minutes Shawn pulled up. I opened the door and slid across the leather seats.

"Thank you." I said bringing him into a hug.

"Anything for you." Shawn said hugging me tighter. I smiled and pulled my head off his shoulder to place a kiss on his lips. When I pulled away we both had small smiles on our faces.

"So," he said putting his hands on the steering wheel, "where to?" He asked with a raised eyebrow.

"Anywhere to escape this hell hole."  I said making Shawn chuckle softly. He turned around and drove out of my neighborhood. I leaned back into the seats and sighed. This boy was so good to me.

So yesterday I was in a car for 10 hours. We got to South Carolina and then went to North Carolina and drove through the mountains (which are beautiful) then we stayed the night in Tennessee, and now I've been in a car for about 4 hours now and I'm in West Virginia.  Hopefully I'll get to Vermont today 🤞