I promise

"I don't know," I sighed and looked up at the ceiling of my bed room, "I just feel like I'm the only one that cares. I highly doubt he cares as much as I do." I twirled the fabric of my blanket between my fingers as I spoke.

"I don't think so y/n, you didn't see how upset he was." My best friend Sarah said turning her head to look at me.

I shook my head. I didn't think that Shawn was affected by our breakup. After all he was the one who ended it.

"I'm a mess without him. I've spent countless nights crying my eyes out over him. I loved him so much, I just don't think he loved me back." I said before sighing. I quickly wiped a tear that slid down my cheek.

"You really don't think I loved you." I jumped when I heard the familiar deep voice. I looked up from the comforter to see Shawn leaning against my doorframe with a confused look on his face.

"I'll let you two talk." Sarah said getting out of the bed and grabbing her car keys. She pushed past Shawn giving him a death glare as she did so.

"Why are you here?" I asked trying to ignore my heart racing ten times faster than usual.

"I came here to talk to you." Shawn said walking over to my bed. He sat down at the end before continuing, "You're not the only one that hasn't taken the breakup well," he said looking down at his hands, "I've been a mess without you y/n." He said shaking his head.

"Then why did you break up with me?" That's the question that has been lingering in my head for the past few weeks. I thought we were doing so well, what made him end it all.

He was quiet for a few seconds before saying anything. "I have to leave soon, so I thought that it'd be best if we broke up." He explained.

A lump started to grown in my throat. The last time he went on tour we almost broke up due to the distance and lack of communication. "So you decided to just leave me without any explanation rather than tell me. We could of worked through it like last time." I said crossing my arms over my chest.

"We almost broke up last time." He said finally looking up to meet my eyes with his. They were bloodshot and puffy. His normal warm brown eyes were dark and tired.

"Oh so this time you just wanted to break up," I rolled my eyes, "whatever." I mumbled.

"Y/n, I didn't come here to argue. I came here to try to fix things." He said placing his hand on my knee. I uncrossed my arms and waited for him to continue.

"I know what I did was selfish. I also know that I can't be without you. I love you so much. I understand if you don't want me back, but I do know that if you give me another chance when I leave I'll promise that I will always keep in touch and try my best to keep you happy even when I'm hundreds of miles away from you." Shawn said making me take a deep breath and close my eyes tightly.

"Okay," I opened my eyes, "I love you too." I said making relief wash over him. He wrapped his arms around me causing me to melt. I smiled and hugged him back.

"This is going to work," he said pulling away and caressing my cheek as he looked deeply into my eyes, "I promise."

Been in the car for 3 hours one more to go lol 💋