motel

I feel like all the boys from 1D would be 10x more successful if they got back together. Their solo careers are good, especially Harry's, but I just feel like they were better together.
(This is just my opinion, and I could be totally wrong)

Another long night of sitting in an uncomfortable chair while I waited on the next person that was in desperate need for a hard bed with stiff covers. It was my turn to work the night shift at my dad's rundown motel. 266 rooms that were never all full. We are lucky if just the first floor has someone in almost all of the rooms.

I can't blame people for not staying here, I mean the outside has dark blue paint coming off the sides, the maids aren't the best at cleaning up which meant there were stains in carpets and never enough towels. Those were just a few things that customers complain about. I don't even want to get started on the electrical and water problems.

I turned on the bright red open sign before walking back behind the counter. I plopped down onto a desk chair in front of the computer and pulled out my phone. I put my headphones in and out my music on shuffle. The song, "on the loose," by Niall Horan filled my ears.

I sighed and leaned back in the old chair.  I looked out of the big glass window with the name of our motel printed as big as possible on it. Cars sped by as they made their way down the interstate. It was the only entrainment I had other than the small tv that only picked up the weather.

A few people came in causing me to put on a fake smile and pretend I'm not exhausted. After about 3 couples came in it was sound one in the morning. Usually no one comes in after that, which was why I was surprised when the glass door opened. I looked up from the bills that needed to be paid to meet a pair of brown eyes.

"Hi, welcome to Cabin Inn." I said as he walked over to me.

He pulled the strap from his bag over his shoulder and stopped in front of the desk, "Hi, uh," he lifted his hand with a beautiful tattoo and ran his fingers through his messy brown curls, "Do you have a room available? I just need one bed." He said looking a little stressed and sleepy.

"Would you like a room on the bottom or top floor?" I asked typing the password into the computer to see what rooms were available.

"Bottom would be best, but it's fine if you don't have any available." He shrugged and sat down what ever was in his hand on the dull tile.

"Name?" I asked looking up at him due to his height.

"Shawn Mendes." His voice was raspy as he spoke. That's when it hit me, a pop sensation is standing in front of me. I guess I didn't realize it was him due to how  exhausted he was. He had dark bags under his caramel colored eyes, his cheeks didn't have their normal rosy tint, his hair was messier that usual. He still looked amazing, but he just didn't look like himself.

I nodded and typed his name in and asked him a few more questions the policy required me to. He then paid for the room.

"So here is your room key," I said sliding the card over to him, "your room number is 104, which is right around that corner," I pointed down the hall that was directly diagonal from the front desk, "if you have any problems with anything just let me know." I said giving him a toothless smile.

"Thank you." He said sending me a soft smile before bending down slightly to pick up what he sat down earlier. He turned his back towards me and walked off to his room. I then realized that he was carrying a guitar case.