72

"Nice of you all to be here." Kayla said smiling at my mom, dad, and I. "So what I would like Y/n to do today is talk about how her life changed since you adopted her and what she may have trouble dealing with. That's why you two are here. But there's a twist." Kayla said. I raised an eyebrow. "And that is?" I asked. "Instead of talking to me I want you to talk to your parents." She said. "What! Your supposed to be helping me." I said.

"I am. But I told you yesterday that you need to learn how to talk about feelings with others and not keep it to yourself." Kayla says. "Ok fine. Um so what should we talk about?" I asked. "That's up to y'all." Kayla said. I looked at my mom and dad. "Just open up with us Y/n. You can tell us what you like or don't like. Anything." Dad said.

"You know what fine. I don't like when your gone all the time. More specifically you Mom." I said. That felt good to get off my chest. She looked shocked but nodded. "What don't you like?" Mom asked. "Just you being gone. I'm used to dad being gone but he's home a lot too. He was there for my birthday. He was there for my first track race. Which I totally killed. Dad remember when that girl tried to trip me?" I said and he laughed.

"Oh yeah. Home girl tried to cut you off but ended up face planting." He said. "Guys you're getting off topic." Kayla warned us. "Ok listen Y/n. You're a lot like me. You and I don't like to talk about our feelings at times. I'm learning to be more honest with you like I should. I have to realize that you're older now and not the two year old you used to be." Mom said.

"Thank you mom. I have big responsibilities now." I said. "Like what? And you better not say some nasty shit." She said. "I was going to say school." I said innocently. "Lying ass." Dad said and chuckled. "Alright so what I would like you two to do is work on communicating more." Kayla said. "If we have homework my dad needs some too. I have a suggestion too." I said raising my hand. "What's your homework for him?" Kayla asked. "For him to stop being a little bitch when my mom is mad." I said causing my mom to smack my head hard as hell.

A/n~ tell me how I hurt my foot while sitting down. All I did was go to 5 guys with my mom. Waiting for the food and my foot was fine. Then when we leave my foot is sore.

~Paradise

Edited