1

Lauren's POV

"What about that one babe?" I pointed to the ice cream flavor. "Peanut butter bacon ice cream?" Ty asked as made a disgusted looked. "That shit doesn't sound good at all." He said and continued to look at the flavors. "You'll never know though. I'm going to try it." I said. "Alright. I'll stick to strawberry." He said. Ty paid for both of the cones and we started walking down the sidewalk again. We had bodyguards with us but they weren't down our damn throats. They gave us some space. "So how is it?" He asked. "It's actually pretty good. You're missing out." I said. "I don't think I'm mi- Oh my god!" I yelled when someone ran into me.

Making me drop my ice cream. My first instinct was to get mad but I didn't once I saw a small girl on the ground. She looked to be around one or two. "I'm sorry. Are you ok?" I asked squatting down and sitting on my knees. She didn't answer. Instead she looked at me kinda scared. "It's ok. I won't hurt you or anything. You don't have to be afraid. What's your name?" I asked. She relaxed a little bit. "Y/n." She said in almost a whisper. "Y/n? That's a pretty name for a pretty girl." I said making her blush. "Tank you." She said.

I looked at her more. She looked a little dirty. She looked to be a mixed. She also had light green eyes. "Where's your mommy and daddy honey?" I asked. "Don't know my daddy." She said. I nodded. "Then where's your mommy?" I asked. "Her fall. Her wouldn't wake up. Her go bye bye." She said. I looked up at Ty and gave him a knowing look. "Ok will who do you live with?" I asked. "I get adopt. But they take me back. So I leave by myself cause I no wike it." She told us. "Ok one second sweetie." I told her.

She nodded and remained seated. "So she's ran away from the adoption center." Ty said. "Yeah. We need to take her back and see if she did. Just to be sure of where she's actually from." I said. "Yeah. Let's take her now." He said. "Come on sweetie. Can you come with us please?" I asked. "You take me back. I no want to go back." She said. "I know but we have too. We'll get you something to eat on the way." I told her. "Ok." She said sadly. I smiled and picked her up.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

I sat in the back with Y/n in my lap. We got her some food to eat as well. When we got to the center Y/n clung onto my body. She whimpered as I got out the car with her in my arms. "What's wrong babygirl?" I asked. "I no want to go back. I scared." She said. "Scared of what?" I asked. "Mr. Colin's. He hurt me." She said. "Where'd he hurt you at?" Y/n sat up and pointed downwards. My eyes widened. "It hurt. But he no stop." She said. Her eyes tearing up. That broke my heart to know someone could be so evil. "Ty we have to do something." I told my boyfriend.

"I know but what are we going to do?" He asked. Without hesitation I said... "I want to adopt her."

~Paradise

Edited