Langst Collab 3

Summay: Lance knows that there is something wrong with Shiro, but no one believes him.

A/N: I wrote this fic with Alicorniansheepyllama on tumblr!! They wrote the first half and I wrote the second half! I hope you all like it :)

Trigger warnings: choking, injury

~   ~   ~

"I'm telling you Hunk, there's something seriously wrong with Shiro. Even he agrees!" Lance insisted.

"I don't know Lance." responded Hunk. "It could just be stress. He's been through a lot lately. Maybe we just need to give him time. I'm sure Shiro will be back to his old self soon."

Lance shook his head. "That's just it. It's almost as if... his old self isn't there at all!" Hunk sighed, and Lance could tell that he wasn't buying it. "Come on Hunk! I wouldn't be talking to you about this unless I was sure that something was going on."

"It's not that I don't believe you! It's just..." Hunk started, but then trailed off.

Lance sighed. "Yeah... I got it. Whatever, I'll see you later." With that, Lance got up and left, ignoring Hunk's calls for him to come back.

After that, Lance was avoiding both Hunk and Shiro. He could tell that Hunk was a bit hurt, but Lance was hurt too. He couldn't look Hunk in the eyes without feeling a twinge of sadness that his best friend wouldn't listen to him, when they had known each other for so long, and had always had each other's backs. And avoiding Shiro was, of course, for safety reasons.

Lance was in the training hall when an alert came from the castle saying that a ship was entering. He instantly dropped his Bayard and headed out, knowing that Keith had just returned. He missed Keith more than he would care to admit.

Before he could leave the training hall, however, Shiro entered. Lance stopped in his tracks, and stared at him nervously.

"Lance. Where are you heading off to?" Shiro asked, coming closer to him.

Lance gulped and said, "To see Keith. He just got here, right?"

Shiro nodded. "That's right, and everyone is greeting Keith right now. They'll be on the other side of the ship for quite some time I'd imagine."

This comment turned Lance's nervousness to fear. His eyes widened slightly, and he said, "Uh... yeah, great observation there. But of course...they'll come over here eventually, so..."

Shiro laughed. "True... but a lot can happen before then, wouldn't you say? See, I happen to know that you've been very busy lately... trying to turn everyone against me." This voice turned more serious. "I don't appreciate that Lance."

"I'm not trying to turn anyone against you!" Lance insisted. "I'm just worried. You're not yourself Shiro, and I want to help you."

"No." said Shiro, with a darkness in his voice that sent shivers down Lance's spine. "You won't ruin everything we've worked for. If you're going to insist on being an obstacle, then we'll have to deal with you."

"Wait... what do you mean we-" Lance had begun to say, but was cut off when Shiro suddenly lunged for him. Before Lance could react, Shiro grabbed him by the throat and squeezed hard. Instantly, Lance's air was cut off, and he began to struggle.

"Sorry Lance, but we can't have you getting in our way." Shiro growled, his metal arm glowing as it had an iron grip on him.

Lance opened his mouth, trying to speak, but only a strangled cough came out. Stars began to dance across his vision. "H-He...l-l...p" he finally managed to get out in a whisper.

Voltron One ShotsOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara