Giveaway Fic #1

Summary: Keith and Lance decide to hang out for the day.

A/N: This fic is from my writing giveaway. This is for my first place winner @/spoiledspine on tumblr! 

~   ~   ~

"How come we never hang out?" The question startled Lance. Keith had said it out of nowhere.

"What?" Lance asked, in surprise. Keith shifted nervously.

"I dunno. I was just thinking we never hang out" he shrugged. "We're kind of live together and we never really... talk or do stuff together" Keith's cheeks burned red. A smile stretched over Lance's face.

"Yeah, that is weird" he said, waiting for Keith to continue. He wanted Keith to ask him.

"So..." Keith cleared his throat, desperately wishing the blush on his face would disappear. "Do you want to like- I don't know. Never mind" Lance grinned.

"Keith, do you want to hang out today?" Lance asked to save Keith from any further pain.

"Yes" he answered quickly. "I- I mean if you want to" he said, acting like he didn't care. He cared very much.

"That sounds great!" Lance said enthusiastically. He wanted Keith to know that he genuinely wanted to hang out with him. "What do you want to do?"

"Oh, uh, I don't know" Keith said with a frown. "Whatever you want to do I guess" Lance pursed his lips.

"How about we do something that you want, and then we can do something I want?" he suggested. "That way it's fair, and we can get to know each other a little better" Keith glanced at the floor and then nodded.

"Yeah, okay" he said. "That sound fun" Lance brightened.

"Great! You pick first" Keith faltered. He had no idea what he wanted to do with Lance. He frowned thoughtfully. He wanted to do something that would be fun, and that both he and Lance would like. He raised his eyebrows and looked up at Lance.

"I have an idea..." Keith said slowly.

~ ~

Keith was nervous. Lance could tell, as they walked to Keith's room. Keith made Lance wait outside as he went in and then quickly came back out. He wouldn't tell Lance where they were going or what they were doing.

"Are you going to murder me?" Lance asked as Keith dragged him into the middle of the training room. Keith reached into his jacket and pulled out two knives. Lance's eyes got comically wide. "Holy shit you are going to murder me" he put his hands up. "What ever I did to you man, I'm really sorry. I'm sure I didn't mean it" Keith snorted and motioned for Lance to take the knife out of his hand.

"I'm not murdering you. If I was, it would be while you were sleeping, and I would make it look like an accident" Lance was understandably terrified at that. "I'm going to teach you how to throw a knife" he said with a shrug. "I used to do it all the time. It's really fun" Lance's body relax. For a moment he had actually thought that Keith was going to stab him. He wouldn't put it past him. Lance did tend to get on Keith's nerves a lot.

"Knife throwing?" Lance asked skeptically. Lance had never been very good with knives or swords. He much preferred guns.

"Yeah, I can teach you how to do it. It's not that hard" Keith gestured to a target that was set up on the wall.

"Wow, you are like super prepared for this" Lance commented. Keith's cheeks burned red.

"Uh, yeah. I've been practicing a lot lately and I've been thinking a lot—" he scratched his neck. "—about the fact that we never hang out so..." he gestured toward the target. Lance smiled.