49

I set my phone down and rub my sore eyes.

"Ah, I got twenty minutes... WAIT TWENTY MINUTES!" I jump out of bed and scurry to my closet. I swipe through all of my band tees. I thought I should probably be not so emo when hanging out with the literal sun. We are polar opposites.

Yet, it feels like I couldn't relate to him more.

"Ah, screw it," I sigh as I grab my twenty one pilots tee. I glance in the mirror and fix my hair to a decent state.

Taehyung peeks through my door. "Why does it look like you're actually giving a shit on what you're wearing," he scoffs.

"Shaddap," I hiss as I pull the shirt over my head. "At least I don't own my college fund in Gucci clothing."

He rolls his eyes. "Pft, I could pay for everyone to go to college with my handsome face." He folds his arms. "But if you're going to be salty, then I guess you will have to live off of Ramen Noodles."

My eyebrows furrow. "I live off of Ramen Noodles right now."

"Smart ass." He suddenly gasps. "Are you finally going on a date with Honey!?" He grabs my arm.

I try to shake him off but it's no use. "None of your business," I bluntly reply.

Jin storms through the door. "My 'Yoongi is being a stubborn ass' senses are tingling," he looks over at me.

Taehyung shows his boxy smile. "Thank you, Jin! Help me make Yoon-Yoon spill it."

Jin gets on his knees and looks me directly in the eyes emotionless. "Are you sneaking out with girls?" He asks sternly.

"No!" I immediately reply, which I wasn't lying.

His eyes squint. "Mmhm, sure," he hums. "Jimin!"

I hear the pattering of footsteps coming towards me.

"Mochi is here," Jimin opens the door widely.

"Good!" Jin claps. "Now, expose Yoongi and prove that he is lying!"

Taehyung throws his hands in the air. "Yeah! Prove that he is going out with that girl Honey!"

Jungkook peeks his head in the room. "Can I see?"

Jin puts his hand on Jungkook's face. "No no, this is serious, manly stuff."

Jungkook looks down his shirt. "I have chest hair!"

"Go drink some chocolate milk," Jin shoos him away.

Jimin's eyes dart at mine, burning with determination.

After a few passing moments, Jimin takes a deep breath.

"He... Is not lying," Jimin finally says. "He isn't hanging out with girls."

Jin and Taehyung throw their hands in the air. "Thank goodness! I thought he was starting to go through his rebellious teen years again," Jin sighs.

"I'm twenty," I bluntly reply.

"And you act like you're fifty," Taehyung adds.

Jin hits him in the head with his slipper. "Not helping the situation," he mutters. "Come on, let's go eat some pancakes," the two stand up and walk out of the room.

I pat Jimin on the shoulder. "Hey, thanks for lying for me."

Jimin looks back at me with a smug smile. "Oh, I technically didn't lie. You're still going on a date, just not with a girl."

"It's not like that!" I squeak. "I wish," I mutter under my breath.