61

May 16th

[Yoongi's POV]

I wake up in the middle of the night to the sound of coughing

I walk into Yuna's room. "Yuna?"

She continues to cough. "I... I'm okay," she clears her throat.

"You don't sound okay Yuna," I hug her.

She pats my head and pulls me away. "I am Yoongi. Don't worry," she says before begging to cough again.

"Yuna-"

She begins to cough up little bits of blood.

"Yuna!"

Mom walks into the room. "Sweetie!" She shrieks as she gently picks her up. "Yoongi, get the car door!" She walks out of the room with Yuna in her arms.

I blink the tears away and sprint outside in the pouring rain. I quickly unlock the back car door and open it. Mom sets her down with a bucket.

"Watch her!" Mom says as she gets in the driver's seat. She starts the car and speeds off to the hospital.

We sit in silence for a few moments as the lights of the city flash by the windows. I look over at Yuna. She's still coughing and the bottom of the bucket was nearly filled with coughed up blood.

"W-what's wrong with her?" I ask my mom, breaking the silence.

Mom sighs. "I honestly don't know."

"I-*cough* think my liver-*cough*- is failing," Yuna responds between coughs.

"How do yo-"

"I studied-*cough*-some symptoms," she leans back in the seat.

I begin to fan her with the magazine that was sitting in the back. "You'll be okay."

She reaches for her jeans belt loop and removes her piano keychain. She sets it in my hands. "Please take this, Yoongi."

My tears begin to flow like rivers. I clip the keychain to my jeans belt loop. "Listen to me! You'll be okay Yuna! I won't let you leave me!"

She softly smiles as she grabs ahold of my hand. "Yoongi, I don't think-"

I look out the window to the left and see a pair of headlights...

And they were approaching us...

Fast.

Yuna grabs ahold of my hand. "I will never let go."

The car fills with the brightness of the headlights.

"YUNA!"