57

The next few chapters will be from the past. The chapters will be italicized.

___

8 years ago... May 16th

[Yoongi's POV]

"Catch me if you can, snow poke!"

"Yuna, slow down!" I huff as I try to run faster so I can catch up to her.

She turns and sticks her tongue out. Her long dark hair blows in the wind behind her. She continues to sprint, making it impossible to catch up with her.

"Yuna!" I trip over a rock and fall to the dirt.

She turns around to my shout and runs back at me. "Yoongi!" She gets on her knees next to me. "Are you okay?" She notices a red mark bleeding through my jeans. She rolls up my pant leg to reveal a deep cut. She shakes her head with a smile. "I told you that you couldn't catch me, so why did you keep running?"

"Because I'm a boy and don't listen," I chuckle. "And I'm gonna blame you being one year older than me for having more speed."

"Sure, we'll say that." She rips part of the bottom of her shirt off to use as a bandage.

"How'd you think of that so quick?" I ask in awe.

She nods. "You know how much I want to be a nurse Yoongi," she laughs as she gently wraps the shirt around my wound.

I flinch at the contact. "I know you'll be a great one," I smile.

She ties off the shirt. "We should probably head home. Mom is going to be so mad that one of us got hurt," using herself as my crutch, she puts my arm under her shoulder and gently lifts me off the ground with her.

"She won't be surprised that I'm the one that got hurt though," I giggle.

The sky suddenly turns gray and droplets of rain begin to patter my face.

"Perfect timing," I scoff.

It gradually begins to rain harder and harder. It eventually came to the point where you couldn't see too far ahead of where you were walking.

After so,e passing moments, Yuna switched to giving me a piggyback ride since it was faster, but it used a lot more of her strength. I hear her breath begin to get heavy from exhaustion.

"Go on ahead Yuna, I can handle myself," I say trying to move my arms.

She grips my arms against her tighter and shakes her head. "No. I'm the one who got you hurt," she says with a heavy breath.

"But you'll catch a cold! Your immune system can't handle being sick!"

"I will be fine."

"But if you get a cold you could die!"

"Yoongi just shut up already! You're my little brother, and I won't just leave you behind, okay?"

I nod, understanding. "W...Will you ever leave me?"

"I will never leave your side."

"Promise?"

"Promise."