60

May 16th

[Hoseok's POV]

"Another fight, Hoseok?" My dad sighs as he looks over the suspension papers.

I keep my head low. "He was disrespecting you, and mom, and Jimin and-" I begin to sob.

"Don't cry, kid. Crying is for the weak," he takes a drink from his glass.

"Then, w-why are our bodies made to cry?" I weep.

"For those weak-ass kids," he bluntly replies. "And you aren't one of those."

I look down at the floor. "According to school, I am," I mutter.

"Maybe those comments will make you grow some thicker skin. It's healthy for you."

I nod. "T-thanks dad," I wipe my tears.

"Now, don't be a disappointment to your mom like I have come to be," he sighs, opening another bottle.

"Dad, I think you need to take a break." I tug on his beer-stained sleeve.

He shakes my hand off of him. "Argh, son you're too young to understand," he bluntly replies before taking another drink.

"You always feel sick in the morning. Why do you keep doing this?" I feel tears beginning to fill my eyes again.

"It's more complicated than that. Go to sleep or something!" He shoos me away.

"B-But Dad-"

"I said go to sleep dammit!"

Without another word, I walk to my room.

✰✰✰

I wake up to my stomach growling.

"Aish, forgot to eat lunch and supper," I yawn as I get out of bed.

I rub my tired eyes as I walk out to the kitchen. "Dad what do we have to ea- Dad?"

He wasn't in the house.

I wander around and notice a note with drunk handwriting on the table.

"Ranne owt of ber. be rit back. Lov u"