31: The Night She Doesn't Want to Talk to Strangers

Start from the beginning

"The shouts coming from her window are getting louder, sir. We should check up on her upstairs." He suggested.

"Do that."

"Okay sir." I heard his reply before I heard him order his men to go to Biya's apartment. I heard the shuffling and loud footsteps coming from the other side of the line.

"We're here, sir." I let out a breath of relief at Marcus' information.

"Good."

"Their voices are muffled here since we are enclosed by walls but they are definitely arguing."

"If you notice or hear Biya in distress and in need of help or if you hear him hurt her, don't hesitate to enter their apartment and help her, understand?" I ordered him. This was trespassing but I'll break the rules just to protect her. It's a bad move but I have to do it. I need to do it.

"Yes sir." I didn't hang up as I was too worried for her and I wanted to make sure she's fine. A moment later, I heard Marcus curse.

"What is it?" He didn't answer me, instead, he ordered someone to do something.

"Get ready to pick the lock!" I heard him bark an order.

"What's happening?"

"We heard a loud thud, sir. I think Biya fell down on the floor. If anything happens, we're going in." He said and my heart stopped. My chest felt heavy and I cannot breathe. I was now really concerned. There was an urge to help her and I can't stop it. I have to be there. God knows what's happening to her. I thought that man was best for her with his title and his good behavior.

"I'll be there." I swore in my life I would protect her. I grabbed my keys and put my wallet in my pocket before going out of my office.

"Martina, cancel the meeting. I have an urgent matter that just came in. Tell Signor Sebastian that I am sorry for cancelling the meeting. Reschedule it." I instructed my secretary who was now taking notes with everything I have said.

"Yes sir. Do you need my assistance?" She offered her help.

"I'll call you." I said and went to the garage. I hurriedly got into my car and drove to Biya's apartment, my tires screeching as I left my building. I should not have taken my SUV to work. Driving it agitated me as it wasn't as fast as my other sports cars. Damn it. I came into an abrupt stop as I arrived at Biya's apartment building. I grabbed my baseball cap and fake glasses from the backseat, wore them then I went out of the car.

"Mi scusi, Signor. What do you need?" The security stopped me.

"Who are you?"

"One of the security team of Beatrice Kairis... sir." I told him.

"Ah! Yes. They're upstairs. Do you need help?"

"I'll talk to you when we need one." I replied and he nodded at me before he let me in.

"Thanks." I jogged towards the elevator. I clicked it a few times wanting to be there for Biya as soon as possible. The elevator finally dinged and I rushed inside. I took my glasses off and put them in my breast pocket. I pushed the close button instantly not wanting to wait for other people to come in. I was reaching Biya's floor when Jasper called. I prayed to God that Biya was fine and I was very nervous as I answered.

"Sir. She's hurt." My knees went weak and I began to get angry again. I breathed large amounts of air as I tried controlling myself from bursting out. The car stopped and it opened. I was greeted with silence and I knew the fight was over. I rushed to her room gripping my phone tightly in my hand as my blood boiled just imagining what Zeke has done to Biya.