36: Home Sweet Home

LEYLA

LEYLA

I slowly opened my eyes and noticed that it was already day. I must have fallen asleep that fast. I looked down and saw a familiar blue blanket wrapped around me. W-What? Huh? Where did this came from?

My eyes went towards Evan already awake. He was sitting on a log while eating some kind of fruit. He was in deep thought as he did so. The blanket. I didn't know whether to speak up or pretend to be asleep. Before I could even do anything, I heard him speak. "I know that you're awake."

"Er. The blanket?" I said, keeping my statement short. He avoided my gaze and finished eating the fruit before saying, "What about it?" He shrugged and added, "It's just a blanket. No big deal." Okay then. I stood up and brushed the dirt off my clothes.

"Why are you still here?" I asked causing him to glance at me and raise an eyebrow. "Am I not allowed to be here?" he replied as he seemed to be assuming that I didn't like his presence.

"N-No. It's just that....I won't be able to help you get back home. So why stay? You could just leave and find somebody else," I replied as I grabbed the blue blanket and put it inside the backpack that we borrowed from the cabin. We did left a note so we didn't technically steal it or anything.

"And get lost? No thanks," he said before standing up and stretching his arms, letting out a yawn. "Sleeping in the woods is so uncomfortable. No wonder those peasants have huge circles under their eyes."

After that whole conversation, we went back to our journey out of this forest. After a hour or so, we caught a glimpse of a road just up ahead. I can't help but feel relieved. We ran towards it as if it would vanish at any second.

As soon as we got there, I cannot help but sigh in relief. "So where to next?" I heard Evan say. I glanced at the my left and right before replying, "This road seems familiar. I guess we'll be walking then. Just follow me. I think I know the way."

It was like an endless journey as we walked. There were no cars passing by. Just an empty road. It's the same old town I'm used to. People mind their own business and just go with the flow. Although this town is one of the large ones in this region, it's not as   well known as the others. The mayor is the only one who strives to uplift the progression of the town. I don't think anybody cares about that anyway.

After minutes of walking, we arrived at a familiar place. As we walked down the familiar neighborhood, I cannot help but feel as if something was out of place. It seems the way it was before but there's something that doesn't feel right. Nobody was outside just like any other day. It was quiet.

Evan and I were the only ones outside. It was a good thing though because our current appearances are not at its best at the moment. I've been wearing this clothes since day one one the other realm. I glanced at Evan who was scanning his surroundings curiously. There was a slight disappointment in his eyes.