23: Past Full of Lies

THANATOS

THANATOS

I stared at the wall with a dumbfounded expression. My eyebrows furrowed in confusion as I recalled the doctor and nurses' explanation as to why I ended up in this hospital. It turns out that I was found by the shore unconscious with no signs of injuries whatsoever.They weren't able to determine as to why I was there. I wasn't wet but yet I was at the shore, laying down on the white sand. I was found there bare naked without any belongings.

They weren't able to identify me. They tracked down every single individual in this town to find out if anyone here knows me. They were left in the dead end. They've got no answer until recently when I gained my consciousness. My mind suddenly wandered back home. I've got a feeling that something bad already happened while I was unconscious.

I snapped out of my thoughts once I heard the door clicking open and in came unfamiliar footsteps. It went towards me as slowly, heels clicking on the floor. "You should be dead already but it seems like fate is on your side. No. Not fate but luck." I remained quiet as I listened to this person talk. Who is this?

"The stone of Existy is the one to blame for all of this casualties that has been happening lately. It is one of the reasons why you are alive. And also why they are alive." What? Impossible. I cannot simply be alive because of a magical stone. "You've got nowhere to hide, Thanatos. I've got my eye on you. You aren't going anywhere. You cannot go back nor will you stay here."

"Please shut up," I replied with a tone of irritation. I don't wish to here what she's going to say. I believe what I want to believe. I do what I want to do. "Are you sure? Are you sure that you don't want me to tell you the truth behind all of your ancestors' lies? Are you afraid of finding out that everything you believe in were false?" I remained quiet, not wanting to talk back. I don't have time to deal with this.

"Aw. Why so quiet? Was I too harsh?" I clenched my teeth in anger, trying not to be affected by her statements. She then started ranting over and over again. I wasn't able to take it anymore. I was about to open my mouth to make her shut up when I heard the door slam open. And with that, she suddenly vanished into thin air.

I scanned the whole room, confused. She was nowhere to be seen. Fayatte came in the room and asked, "I kept hearing someone shouting. Were you talking to anybody?" Should I tell her? No. I shook my head and lied, "No. You must be tired. I didn't hear anything."

"Oh. You're right. I thought I heard the door open. I must be hearing things. Weird." And with that said, she left, closing the door behind her. As soon as the door closed, I heard her again. "She can't see me nor can you. You are no longer the person you think you are. You are now different from what you used to be." What is she saying? She doesn't make any sense.