28: Lost Lycanthrope

LEYLA

LEYLA

I heard voices as I slowly gained consciousness. "Oh my goodness! Look! Oh my. Is she still alive? David! Call 911! David! Freaking call 911! Stop staring at me!" I still haven't been able to open my eyes or ever move. I kept blacking in and out of consciousness as every second passes by. Where am I?

I remembered what happened. I fell off of the tower but I blacked out before I could even touch the ground. What is this madness? Am I still in the other realm? "Thank goodness that they're here!" I felt myself being carried. What? Huh? I suddenly lost consciousness.

I woke up to a couple of people talking. "She looks familiar. David, she looks so familiar but I cannot put my finger on it. I swear I saw her somewhere." Huh? Who are they talking about? Are they talking about me? Not wanting to interrupt them, I closed my eyes and pretended that I haven't woken up.

"Clara, you're talking nonsense. I've never seen her face before. I'm familiar with everybody in this town."

"Isn't it odd, David that unconscious people started popping up at the shore out of nowhere? Isn't it odd?  David? Are you listening to me?" I heard the man groan in frustration and said, "Yeah. But Clara..trust me. That girl doesn't look like she's from here. Trust me." Then there was silence for a minute.

"Why are you so persistent to make me believe that my assumption is wrong? Are you lying to me? Don't lie to me, David. I've had enough of you cheating behind my back. You can't keep lying to me. It's getting so obvious."

"Clara, just shut up. I say what I want. You have to trust me. We are better off staying away from this girl. She doesn't deserve to live." I heard the woman gasp in shock, not expecting David to say that to her. What? I don't deserve to live? Bullshit.

"David. You know her, don't you? Tell me! I'm going to expose your secrets if you don't say anything." It seems like the couple aren't in terms with each other. "Shut your mouth, Clara!"

"Why, David?! You don't want everyone to found out that you have a girl in your basement?! And that you kidnapped her just to torture and rape her! Fuck you! You sick fuck! I should have left you!"

Then, there was a loud smack. The man laughed and said, "You know nothing, Clara. You should be thankful I am able to provide the needs and wants of our son. I could have left you on the streets and let you starve to death but I didn't. I let you live in my house."

I heard a door creak open and then, I heard someone speak. "Mr. and Mrs. Cavallo, I apologize for interrupting your conversation but it would be best if you leave right now. Your conversation is disturbing a lot of patients. I don't think it would be best to argue and yell here." I'm in a hospital?