38: Lingering Snake

EVAN

EVAN

"Somebody is in here," we heard a male voice as the footsteps got closer towards the living room. That voice. It seems familiar. I looked at Leyla, not knowing what to do. This is her house. She seemed confused and troubled for a second before whispering, "The voice seems familiar." I agree with you.

I suddenly became conscious of my physical appearance. I don't look human. I immediately grabbed the blanket and covered myself with it. "What are you doing?" I heard her whisper before saying, "Oh. I get it."

The footsteps immediately stopped and as soon as it did, I heard a loud gasp. "L-Leyla? Y-You're alive?" I heard the same male voice exclaim. Based from his tone, he seemed disappointed and shocked. I peeked through the blankets and saw Leyla running towards a familiar man. Wait. Him?! He's the won who put me in that stupid cage! I've forgotten his name.

I felt myself glaring at him. I clenched my teeth in anger, trying not to do lash out on him. She hugged him and said, "I miss you. You will not believe what happened to me." I stared at them in shock as they began talking to each other. She knew him. What if...No. It can't be.

They can't simply be in this together. What if she've been fooling me all along. But something tells me that Leyla is not on his side. The man forced a smile and hugged her back with hesitation. They broke apart and sat down on the couch.

He noticed my presence and said, "Who is that?" He points towards me. Leyla looked at me and reassured him. "He helped me on the way here. Don't mind him, Sebastian. He's a good guy."

Oh, right. Sebastian is his name. That stupid hypocrite. He looked at me with suspicion, narrowing his eyes. He must have noticed how I was trying to hide my face. "Why is he covering his face?" he asked.

Leyla gulped and awkwardly laughed. "It doesn't matter. By the way, where's Marissa? She's one of the reasons why I...went missing." Wait. Marissa? That name.

Flashback

Sebastian started telling Alexander about the collar and how they'll have fun tazing me. I snarled at them, barring my teeth. Laughter was their only reply. Alexander then said, "How's Leyla?"

"Oh, her. I don't give a fuck. The fuck will I receive if I tried to waste my energy searching for that bitch," Sebastian replied, emphasizing the 'her' as if it was poison to him. Alexander whistled at his replied in amusement and said, "That's harsh, man. She was your best friend."

"Best friend? She was never my friend. She was just a cover up. She is nothing to me," Sebastian answered truthfully while shrugging his shoulders. Alexander replied with a light concern, "Ouch. That's gonna hurt if she finds out. But how about her sister?"