8: Sweet Words

EVAN

EVAN

"Evan?" I heard a sweet familiar voice call my name. I turned my head around to see a fascinating and beautiful woman right in front of me. I was truly captivated by her beauty. She smiled at me, her pink eyes lighting up.

I frowned at her, not wanting to seem as if I'm affected by her presence. "What is it?!" I said with slight irritation as I looked at her and acted as if I'm not affected by her beauty.

Her smiled slowly faded away once she saw my frown. She looked at me with confusion but it was immediately replaced by a nervous smile. "How dare you call me just by my name?! You have no respect," I said while crossing my arms and glaring at her.

Her eyes widened when I said that. She bowed her head and said, "I-I deeply apologise, your highness. I did not notice that I forgot to-" But I interrupted her. "Can you just stop with your babble? It's irritating. You talk too much," I said, increasing my tone.

What kind of a beauty like her is she? She clearly doesn't have any respect to me whatsoever. She seems arrogant and fake.

"Get out of my face. I don't need you in my life,"I stated, making her look up with her eyes widened like saucers. She stared at me with her pink eyes and looked away. She slowly nodded and left, leaving me in peace at the royal garden.

I looked up at the blue sky and let my thoughts wander. Why is it that....life is getting a quite bland and boring? I've got everything that I've wanted. Money, food and everything in general but why do I feel like.....there's a void in my life that cannot be filled. No excitement.

I snapped back into reality once I heard footsteps behind me. "Your highness, Prince Evan. Your father requested your presence-" I heard a familiar voice say but I immediately replied, irritated. It's definitely the butler, Haden. The most annoying butler of all time in the history of forever.

"Tell my father that I have no intention and interest in joining a pathetic and petty meeting due to the fact that I will not and cannot be able to contribute anything to it."

"B-But sire....your father, the king insists. It is expected for the eldest child to attend," he replied. "Like I said before. I will not attend. I don't care. I'm the illegitimate child, remember? So why should I? The banishment was enough for me," I replied. And with that he left.

They should make Cyan attend since he's the real heir to the throne. I absolutely despise my father. Should I even call him that? Tsk. He's not my father and will never be. He's just a man my mother is whoring off. He's too blind to even see it.

As I stood in front of the fountain, I can't hell but feel a bit watched. Like I was being stalked. The silence didn't help. It made me feel a lot worse. But the silence didn't last long enough. Screams and shouts erupted from outside. It seemed as if someone is not welcomed.