29: New Found Friendship?

LEYLA

LEYLA

We didn't became friends instantly. He was a bit hesitant with my idea of finding a place to rest. He didn't fully trust me. He did everything he could to proclaim his hate for me. He didn't entirely despise me but he didn't like me one bit. "Now, you're being creepy." I snapped out of my thoughts and glared at him. And he's still naked. I keep looking at his face and not down his lower body for I might see something that I'll regret seeing.

We were currently roaming the forest, finding a way to get out of here or at least be able to find a place to stay for a while. It was now night and we still haven't found anything. I was suddenly stopped walking when I felt Evan grab my arm. "This is useless. We haven't made any progress so why should we even continue?"

I groaned in frustration and replied, "Stop being so annoying. You're better be thankful that I'm helping you." He looked away and muttered, "Stupid peasant." Peasant? "Well, I'm deeply sorry...your majesty," I said with sarcasm but he misinterpreted it as an legit apology. He's delusional.

He grinned at my statement and said, "Good girl. You finally acknowledged my title." He patted my head like I was a pet. I pushed his away and started walking, not even bothering to wait for him. "Where do you think you're going? You mustn't leave me!"

I rolled my eyes and ignored him. He caught up to me and said, "You know what? I think you're going to be eaten by a wild animal if I'm not by your side." That big ego of his is such a nuisance. I didn't look at him and just continued walking. As every minutes passes by, our surroundings being harder and harder to see.

I decided to ask him about something. "Hey? You're a werewolf, right? That means you're able to see in the dark." He suddenly laughed at my statement before it turned into a furious growl. I looked at him, waiting for his reply. He scowled at me and said, "I'm in my human form so therefore I cannot use any of my abilities."

"That's a bummer. And by the way..you're still naked. I think you should find something to cover your..uh..private parts," I said looking up at the sky. The sky was void of stars and only the bright full moon stood above us. "Tsk. You're just shy to tell me how hot I am." I immediately stopped my pace and slapped him on his shoulder, resulting in a large smack.

"Let's be honest here, your majesty. You're not hot nor handsome. Even the ugliest man in the world is a lot more good looking than you," I said, emphasizing the 'your majesty' in an insulting way. He looked away and walked ahead of me while ranting his dislikes about me.

"Peasants like you don't have the capacity to understand and see the beauty of me. That's your opinion and let's be honest here...You're even worse than I am. You're not attractive enough to catch my attention or anyone else's. Maybe that's why your ex lovers left you." W-What? Flashbacks rammed into my mind and I remembered the reason why I'm in this situation. Julian.