34: The Queen's Puppet

DEATINA

DEATINA

We stood in front of the castle gate, getting stares from the townspeople. Sebastian was wearing the mask I gave him and the hood on his cloak was pulled up to disguise his human traits. Fairies possess physical characteristics like hair and eyes with colors of pastel. They remind me of marshmallows and cotton candy for some reason. Fairy wings are the same. It's just transparent.

The guards told us to wait for an order from the queen. That confused me. Why the queen? Where's King Fabian? As we stood in front of the gates, the townspeople where whispering to each other while staring at us with interest. They already know who I am based from the silver marks on my cheeks.

"Deatina? One question," I heard Sebastian say. I glanced at him and nodded him to continue. "What kind of creatures are they?" he said as he pointed his finger at the fairies who were walking pass us. "Fairies," I answered. As every minute passes by, we were getting more and more attention.

We were unusual and outsiders aren't really as welcome here. "Fairies?"Sebastian repeated my answer in disbelief and added, "But they don't have wings." Oh, I knew that he would ask that.

I chuckled and said, "Fairies aren't really keen on letting out their wings unless necessary. In situations like war and stuff, they would let out their wings but at times like this, they don't have the need to. It's not like their kingdom is up the sky that they would need to fly. That's just how things work here."

"I thought fairies were tiny," he added making me laugh. "Tinker Bell?" I said while laughing. He nodded his head and smiled at me. It's hard to tell if he's really being real or not but it doesn't really matter to me. Julian is what matters to me and nothing else.

All of sudden, I heard a gasp coming from Sebastian. I glanced at him to find him staring at a the post board where announcements and wanted posters were pinned. He was staring at a wanted poster of what seemed to be a familiar female. I can't quite put my finger on it but something about her seems familiar.

Sebastian walked towards the post board and looked at the wanted poster more closely. I followed him and said, "What are you doing?" He didn't say anything. He stared at the poster with a scowl on his face. His eyebrows furrowed in confusion.

I stared at the poster and noticed that the female  possesses such bright blue eyes. Those familiar eyes immediately reminded me of a certain someone. The drawing of the female was in color. Her brown hair and blue eyes can be easily noticed. Those were physical characteristics that pointed towards being human.

I can't quite remember who that female is. It feels like I know her. The poster is just an illustration so it was hard for me to figure it out. Sebastian on the other hand seems to recognize this girl.