14: The Wolf's Cry

CYAN

CYAN

It has been two days since I last saw my brother. Where is he? He seemed to have vanished into thin air and nobody noticed it. Everybody acted like they normally do. I stared at the food on my plate and poked it with a fork, uninterested. "What's the matter, Cyan?" I heard my mother say with concern and worry. I stayed silent, not bothering to look up and face them.

I quickly glimpsed at the seat beside me where my brother usually sits. It was empty. Where is he? What if he's been kidnapped like those princesses in fairytales? Oh but isn't he the one who is suppose to be saving the princess and not being kidnapped? I'm confused.I heard my mother groan in annoyance. "Cyan, are you feeling ill?" I heard her say.

I stayed silent, not meeting her gaze. "If he doesn't want to eat, then let him be." My father spoke, making me feel guilty of acting like this. They don't understand. I kept telling them that Evan is missing but they act like he does not exist. I decided to speak. "Where is Evan?" I heard them stop eating, forks and spoons dropping on the table.

My mother said, "Who? Are you talking about your imaginary friend, Cyan? I do not know a person named Evan." I stopped poking the food with my fork. I stood up and pushed the chair making it fall onto the floor. "Cyan! Stop acting for hardheaded!" my mother scolded me.

I shrugged in reply and said, "I lost my appetite. I don't wanna eat today or maybe forever." I walked out of the dining hall, stomping my feet.

On my way to my room, I realized that I haven't seen Thanatos either. First it was Evan. Now, Thanatos. I bumped into a maid and I decided to ask her of Thanatos's whereabouts. The maid replied with a sad smile, "I haven't seen him either. I'm sorry, your highness. I smiled at her and said, "Oh okay. Thank you."

I arrived in my room, confused and angry. I can't get the answer that I'm searching for. I closed the door of my room and walked towards my bed. I jumped onto the bed and laid down, staring up at the ceiling.
After a few minutes of doing nothing, I heard a knock on the door. "Cyan? Cyan?" I heard a familiar voice say from outside of my room. I didn't reply.

They wouldn't bother telling me the answer to my question so why should I talk to them? Evan do this all the time so why shouldn't I do it also? My brother would usually lock himself in his room and he would usually wait me to finish eating before he leaves the dining room. He tells them that he lost his appetite and they weren't bothered at all. Why were they bothered when I'm the one who does it?

"Stop moping around. You're going to die if you starve yourself." I remained quiet and continued staring into the boring white ceilings of my room. "Cyan! Stop acting like a disobedient child! You're not going to heaven if you keep acting like that." Evan does this too. Why is he allowed to do this? Is he going to hell for this?