25: Ocean Of Lies

LORELEI

LORELEI

As soon as we went inside my cave, the human girl started asking questions. She started mumbling questions that I cannot even understand due to how fast she was speaking. "Are you sure we're safe here? He might come here." She started doubting my abilities. Does she not trust me one bit?

I'm beginning to get irritated with this human. Humans are quite interesting but full of everything that I dislike. But again, I don't hate them. My deceased children were half humans after all. Leyla, the human began to panic after I didn't answer her question. "Calm down, kid. We're not going to get caught. Nobody can enter my haven without my permission," I said.

She furrowed her eyebrows as I said that. "Lorelei? Wade-..Declan and I were able to get in here when I first met you." I chuckled at her reply. This cave isn't my haven. I grabbed her hand and transported us to another realm. We were no longer in the ocean. We were in a lake. I swam towards the surface, dragging her along with me. Declan cannot be able to get here for he doesn't possess any abilities that I have.

As soon as we were up the surface, I was able to see the familiar night sky that was filled with millions of stars sparkling through the dark. The trees that were surrounding the lake stood tall that it made it look intimidating. Everything seemed like it used to be. The moonlight from the moon pierces through the leaves of the trees, giving us illumination. Everything seemed in place. It was like the our whole surroundings were greeting us, welcoming our arrival.

I gazed up at the full moon, wondering how my dear friend was doing

I gazed up at the full moon, wondering how my dear friend was doing. It has been many many years since I last saw her. I smiled at the moon. I glanced at Leyla who was quiet as she scanned her surroundings. "Where are we?" I let go of her hand and said, "This place doesn't have any name but this is my safe haven. A haven away from those creatures I call traitors."

"Hey, Lorelei? I've got this question that has been bugging me lately?" Leyla suddenly asked and I nodded afterwards, urging her to tell me. "Do mer people pee or even you know..."I looked at her in disbelief. I cannot believe that she asked me such a weird question. I replied but didn't give her anymore details, "We do the same thing other underwater creatures do."