3: My Existence

LEYLA

LEYLA

As I drove to the beach, my mind wandered onto what Sebastian told me yesterday. What he said made me realize how I pretty much fucked up my life.

FLASHBACK

"You don't even have time for yourself! All you do is work and work and that's it. That's all you ever do. Have some time for yourself to have fun," Sebastian blurted out, looking at me with pity and guilt. He crossed his arms and looked at me.

"I feel guilty for implanting those advices that I told you years ago in your head. I wish I didn't make you realize how you should just focus on your studies and work. I should have just let you go slack around," he added, leaning against the wall. We were currently in my office.

I just stared at him and nodded, wanting to get over this. "Uh huh. Now, can you leave? I have a lot more important things to do,"I replied coldly, trying not to be affected of what he said.

He's still mad about the fact that I didn't even bothered attending Amelia, one of our best friend's birthday party. I've gotta admit, Amelia is pretty much disappointed at me. But I have a lot of work to do. I can't waste my time on a celebration that doesn't even benefit me.

He looked at me in disbelief, it was as if he was going to collapse. He stared at me, furrowing his eyebrows in confusion. "You don't care, do you?" he said. I just raised an eyebrow at me and glanced at the stack of papers on my desk that were waiting to be finished.

I just kept silent, not wanting to deal with this. "You're not going to speak to me, aren't you?" he said with frustration and annoyance. He bit his lip and looked down at the floor, in deep thought. I sat up straight from my chair and place my hands on the desk, tapping my fingers repeatedly.

"A few days ago, I thought that..........you're back to your old self or at least better than before but you're still you," he said, avoiding my gaze. What he said made me feel as if I'm in the hot seat. I don't want to deal with this.

"Shortie, you can't keep yourself inside a box forever. You have to..........let everything go. Life is more than what you think it is," he said while lifting his face and looking at me, with concern in his eyes. He let out a deep sigh.

"You shouldn't let your sister's mistakes stop you from making things right for the two of you. You can't always be bitter about it. It's not her," he added. He's defending Marissa, isn't he?

I just stayed silent, keeping my face straight. "You don't have to live like this. Aren't you sick of this? It's like you're living in a circle," he said before walking towards my desk and placing his hands on the desk. He looked at me before placing a plain white envelope on my desk.