33: No Exit

LEYLA

LEYLA

I stayed inside the cabin, not knowing what to do with Evan. I guess he needed some space. He has been through a lot. And I don't even know how to deal with that kind of situation so it would be best if I don't interfere with his business. It's not my right to do so.

What am I going to do? My stomach rumbled, answering my question. I guess I better find some fruit or something to eat. I checked the whole cabin but it was barren of food. I can only find empty cans and containers but no food.

As I searched the cabin, I heard a shrilling scream coming from outside. Somebody seems to be in pain. What's happening? The screams erupted continuously. I immediately bolted out of the cabin and the sight that greeted me made me freeze in place.

It was Evan. My eyes were as wide as they can be. He was on his knees with his back bleeding. I trembled in fright as I saw blood. The smell of blood immediately hitting my nose. I felt like vomiting. He was screaming in pain as a big pair of wings came out of his back.

He was bleeding on his back

He was bleeding on his back. His face was as pale as paper. I immediately went towards me and kneeled before him, grabbing his shoulders to prevent him from falling onto the ground. "E-Evan. Y-Your back." Evan didn't answer as he continued screaming in pain. I realized that it wasn't over yet.

He looked up at me with mixed emotions of disbelief and relief. "I-I t-told you to n-not disturb m-me," he said weakly before collapsing in my arms. I fell onto the ground with him on top of me. "Oh, you're heavy," I said but he blacked out before he could even answer. I glanced at his back and realized that it was finally over.

I can't quiet decipher on what the heck happened. I pushed him off me and laid him gently on the ground on his stomach, not wanting to inflict any more damage on his back. I glanced at his back, noticing the he hasn't stopped bleeding.

I ran back to the back to find some first aid kit or anything that would help. As I search through the cabinets, my heart was racing. I was nervous. I didn't know anything about aiding a wound like that. I didn't take up medicine. I didn't even have my phone with me. I could have used it for this purpose but I seemed to have lost it back at the other realm when Declan took me to his home.