13: Vanity of the Lover

SEBASTIAN

SEBASTIAN

It has been a three hours since the dog came inside my house. It was sitting on my favorite maroon armchair in the living room. I stayed in the kitchen, looking for some knifes or anything to protect myself from the beast. There was something off with this dog. It doesn't act like one.

As I searched through the drawers, I remembered that I have some dog food in one of the cabinets. I used to have a dog a few weeks ago but it died. I went back to the living room with a knife on my right hand and dog food in a bowl.  It opened its eyes once it sensed my presence.

Its brown eyes stared right into my soul, judging my every being. It growled loudly as his eyes snapped onto the knife that I was holding. I hid it behind my back and nervously smiled while saying, " I mean no harm- As if you can understand me. Tsk. You're just a dog."

It growled at me and suddenly pounced, starling me. I pushed it off me and pointed my knife at him. I swinged it in front of me. "You're not a dog! You are something else!" Its eyes suddenly turned into a pair of red ones, replacing its amber ones.

Its jaw clenched and growled so loud that makes the hair on my skin stand. I glanced at him for a second before running upstairs, wanting to get away from this beast. As I did so, it ran after me. I could hear its paws stepping onto the stairs as it catched up with me.

I was almost there when I tripped on the stairs and slipped. I fell down, hitting my head. My vision went black. But before I lost consciousness, I heard it inch closer to me.

I woke up, feeling odd. I smelled something unpleasant. It was familiar but I cannot put my finger on it. Whatever that was, it seemed to be near me. I opened my eyes and slowly scanned my surroundings. That was when I realized that I was covered in feces. I yelled, "Shit! Holy Shit!"

I immediately stood up and ran towards the bathroom, not even bothering to check where the beast have gone. I was trying to get in the bathroom but it doesn't open. I twisted the doorknob frantically while cursing. "Fuck! Why is this locked?!"

The next thing that I know is that the beats was behind me. I felt its presence, making me freeze in place. I slowly turned around to find it snarling viciously at me. "Get out of my house! This is my property! You have no right to break in-" I started threatening him but I stopped when it moved closer to me, crawling towards me as if I was its prey.

I quickly glanced towards my right and bolted running towards that direction. It growled at me and followed me. I was about to get a grasp of the doorknob of the backdoor when I felt a weight on my back, I fell down onto the floor.I started struggling and trying to get it off me.