26: Unleashing The Beast

EVAN

EVAN

I woke up to footsteps coming down the stairs and towards the basement that I'm in. I slowly opened my eyes, expecting the stupid human named Sebastian. I sniffed the air to find an unfamiliar scent. It seemed like they were two people. It was two unfamiliar humans. A man and a woman who seemed to be not far from my age.

They cowered in fear as soon as they saw me. "Oh fuck! That's a big dog! Wait-..It's a wolf! A freaking wolf!" The man yelled in disbelief as the woman shove him towards my cage. He glared at her and said, "Maybe we should bail this delivery. I don't want a wild animal in my truck."

She seemed hesitant. She glanced at the man and towards me.  She replied, "B-But the money?" The man shook his head and facepalmed. "Yeah. I guess we have no choice. We shouldn't waste this great opportunity of being offered a large amount of money just to deliver whatever that is." He said while pointing towards me. I growled at his statement.

"So, the mayor? I heard he was sent to the hospital?" The woman suddenly brought up a topic that made the man frown. He sighed and said, "He got in a car accident. He was ambushed by some thugs while he was on his way to the vet. It irritates me that there are people trying to get him out of his position as mayor. He's a great mayor and if it wasn't for him, this town would have been infested by thugs."

"But we are also doing illegal acts. Aren't we considered as those people?" The woman suddenly said, catching him off guard. The man went silent and the expression on his face was pure guilt. It seems like he never really liked doing what they are doing. It seemed as if he didn't have a say on those things.

"Sadly, yes. I've got no choice. In a world filled with people who take advantage of everything, we've got to side on them. If not, we'll all face the consequences of our decisions. As much as I wanna ran away from this, I can't cause I have a family to take care of." The woman let out a sigh and looked away. This world isn't any different from back home.

"But some day, right? Some day we'll finally get away from all this mess. I just hope that it would be soon cause I can't stand feeling guilty all the time. I need my beauty sleep." The woman said before finally changing the topic. "Anyhow, let's get down to business."

The woman pulled out something from her bag and slowly walked towards me. The man followed her behind and pulled out a gun, pointing it towards me.
I was so distracted of the gun that I didn't notice that the woman stabbed me with something. I felt something sharp piercing through my skin. It made me feel so dizzy. My surroundings felt like it was spinning. And like a flash of light, everything went black.

I felt movement as I slowly gained consciousness. I opened my eyes to find myself inside some kind of metal box. I was still in my cage. Everything was dark.There weren't any windows. But across me, there were double doors.