15: Tainted Queen

DEOR

DEOR

I stayed hidden in the shadows. I leaned on the wall of an empty building, trying to hide from the queen's sight. I was in the streets at night, following the queen's nightly routine. She has been doing this a lot lately. She sneaks out of the castle at night and disappears into thin air. I don't think the king really care or even bother acknowledging the queen's weird action.

I have been spying on her since her coronation. There was always scandals floating around every single week. It bothered me to the point where I am not keeping track of her actions. I was curious. Too curious for my own kind. I cannot help it. The people around me doesn't act like I do. They have no interest in prying or being curious because they are not human.

I watched as the queen walked down the alleyway, looking around her surroundings as if trying to make sure that nobody was around her. I kept my distance, not wanting to get caught. I followed her as she went through the alleyways and into an old abandoned building. She was wearing a long black cloak with a hood, to hide her identity. She was also wearing a plain black mask. What is she up to?

I casted a invisibility spell, to hide myself as I followed her as she went in the building. For a minute, I thought she sense my presence but she immediately ignored it. The queen was a witch like I am but she's the queen of fairies. It bothers me how the king is able to accept this. She doesn't deserve to be titled as queen of this kingdom.

Her marriage to the king was her entrance to this kingdom and somehow I knew that is not her only goal. She marries for herself and not for love. She's a witch. What do you expect? She can manipulate anyone who comes in her way. Even the king. I on the other hand married for love. My husband, a fairy joined the military due to the issues that has been occurring. Like the stolen stone. The queen seemed too concerned about the stone.

Although I am a witch myself, I am not like this queen. I am not fully a witch since my father was a human. A human. Nobody has knowledge of my secret. Only my mother and I knows. I have never seen my father nor heard of his whereabouts. Humans are feared in this realm. They are despised by everyone due to their humanely nature. They were described as dangerous and violent. A magical barrier prevents us from having any human interaction but I always wonder how my mother met my father.

I was snapped out of my thoughts when the queen started speaking. She was looking at a pocket sized mirror that she was holding. "Mirror? Tell me..is there a presence near me?" My eyes widened in shock. I immediately casted a transportation spell to get away from this place. In a single second, I wasn't outside of the building. I immediately left after that. I knew that I cannot risk it again. I thought she was too dumb and oblivious like what other say but she wasn't.

I arrived home with a frown on my face. I wasn't able to get a glimpse of what the queen is up to. As soon as I got in my house, I was greeted by a tight embrace. It was my husband, Rey.