19: Losing My Voice

WADE

WADE

"Where are we?" Leyla asked as we entered a small cave near the place where we came from. I glanced at her and said, "A place where we should not be." It was dark. I gulped and yelled, "Lorelei!" My voice echoed throughout the whole cave. Then Leyla commented, "Lorelei? That's the one that drowns sailors,right?" I didn't answer her. I yelled Lorelie's name again.

A bright light suddenly appeared in front of us. It was swirling around like. I followed its every move. Before we knew it, we weren't at the entrance of the cave. We were transported somewhere else. We were surrounded by school of fishes swimming around. It doesn't seem like the ocean.

Our whole surroundings reminded me of the stars that I see at night in the surface. There were stars and a moon. everything seemed bright and color. There were colorful corals everywhere and there on a big rock, a mermaid was laying down with her back facing us.

Her pearlescent white hair was floating all over the place. Her pinkish shimmering tail shines as the light from the moon and stars pass against it. The scales of her tail were glowing brightly like the stars around us. Anyone can be deceived by her appearance. But not me. I know better than to mess with her.

"What is it that you want, Prince Wade? You've wasted enough wishes

"What is it that you want, Prince Wade? You've wasted enough wishes. You will not be getting one anytime soon." I didn't reply to Lorelei's statement. Leyla looked at Lorelei like a hawk. She examined Lorelei's appearance and every move as if trying to see if she was dangerous or not. Leyla's expression was filled with awe and fear.

Lorelei faced us and swam closer to us. Her eyes snapped towards Leyla who cowered and hid behind me in fear. Then Lorelei said with an expression of amusement, "A human? How wonderful. I haven't seen one in years." She licked her lips as she looked at Leyla who was still hiding behind me.

Lorelei let out a chuckle before saying, "Don't be afraid human. I'm not going to kill you. I don't do that anymore. Although I do miss drowning humans,  I'd rather stay away from your kind due to reasons." And with that she began telling her story and history with humans.