2: Ignored Feelings

LEYLA

LEYLA

I was lost. Lost in the dark that surrounds me making me feel uneasy. My head was spinning, dizziness rushing through me. I tried to scream. I tried to say something but nothing comes out of my mouth.

It was like I lost my ability to speak. I scanned my surroundings, trying to find something. I can't find it. I can't find the light. It was too dark. I wanted to cry and yell for my mommy to save me and take me away from this dark unknown world.

I can't see anything. It was dark. So dark that, I felt alone and lost in this world. What is this? Why is there nothing? There was nothing that I can see but the dark. I am alone. Nobody's here.

I knew that. No matter how I tried to run around and try to find a way out, it was useless. Everything was dark. I can't even see my own hands and feets. I can't feel anything but the wind blowing drastically making my long wavy brown hair messed up.

I tried to scream but again, nothing came out of my mouth. I was frightened. I didn't know where I am and what lies beyond me. I was afraid of the unknown. I was afraid of it especially if it was dark.

I started crying, tears falling from my cheeks. I didn't know what to do but just cry. I'm going to be stuck here forever. I placed my hands on my face, covering it. What did I do to deserve this? What?

I didn't do anything. I couldn't do anything. But then I felt the ground shaking tremendously. It was like this world is getting shaken by a massive disturbance of the unknown. I scanned my surroundings but still I can't see anything. That was until my eyes caught a glimpse of a pair of glowing purple eyes that was staring right back at me.

I was so caught up with looking at the those eyes that I forgot about everything that I was afraid of.  "Give back what you stole." I heard a voice say out loud with authority in his voice. I was pretty sure that it was a male who said that. I was beyond confused. What did I stole? Did I even steal anything?

"LEYLA! WAKE UP!" I heard someone shout, making me wake up from my dream or you could say nightmare. As I opened my eyes, I saw my sister, Marissa who was holding my shoulders and shaking me frantically. Worry and irritation written on her face. I can't but smile at the thought of her that she actually cares about me.

I kept smiling while she kept shaking me. She still haven't noticed that I'm awake. She does care. I smirked at her as she glanced at me in realization, realizing that I'm awake. She let go of me with her eyes widened in shock.

I kept smirking at her with her glaring at me. "You do care, Marissa," I said and with that she rolled her eyes and left my room, slamming the door shut with a loud thud.

I sighed and didn't bother getting up of my bed. I stared at the ceiling, feeling bored at looking at the plain white ceiling. There were no chandeliers or anything interesting on the ceiling. Everything seems boring and plain but in a way I liked that.