16: Escaping the Prison

LEYLA

LEYLA

It has been a week since we were thrown here. As much as I despise being stuck to this humanoid fish creature, I would rather accept that than be stuck in a cell with a stranger. Or even worse..a murderer. It been a day since they last gave us food.

The food here isn't great. It seems as if it's not for satisfaction but more on just filling our stomachs and giving us strength or at least assuring us of being alive. Wade has been quiet ever since Evan was drag out of his cell. Everyone was oddly silent.

Nobody seemed to bother to escape their cells. It was like they accepted their fate without hesitation. There was no fighting spirit inside them. No curiosity. No passion. No purpose.

They all just want to be alive even if it means just surviving. I don't think they're even living as they should be. I glanced at them whose faces were emotionless. I didn't know if they were already contented. I went towards Wade and called his name to catch his attention. "Wade?"

He nows have his legs due to the vial that the fairies have given him. I guess they're sensible enough to not let him die or anything. It turns out that he wasn't mute. He told me that it was just a mere joke.

He didn't pay attention. He was staring at the ceiling in deep thought. I nudged his shoulder and said, "Can I ask you a question?" He didn't reply. He closed his eyes and ignored me. "Why aren't you doing anything to escape from this prison?" Again, he didn't react.

The silence was bothering me. It has been a week since I talked to someone or rather someone has talked to me.There were no windows. Only the unpainted walls are seen. But what's odd is that the security doesn't seem as tight as thought it should have been.

I sighed in defeat and said, "Why is everyone so glum?" I was greeted by nothing by silentness. More than ten minutes have passed and everything is still the same. I itch to yell at them to talk to me. It's making me feel anxious. It was like I'm invisible to them or they don't want to acknowledge my existence.

I tapped my feet on the floor, trying to break the silence. Only the tapping of my feet was heart, echoing throughout the whole dungeon. I groaned in boredom and annoyance. I felt like dying. I need someone to talk to me. Anyone talk to me! I need to keep my sanity. 

I glanced at my surroundings before a idea came into my head. Instead of waiting for something to happen, I should plan my escape. If Wade doesn't want to join, I will still go. There seems to be no guards in sight. Great. They must have trusted or at least know that not a single prisoner is willing to escape or has the intention of escaping. I stood up from the floor and started screaming like a banshee. I started kicking the wall.